Economy bounces back second quarter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, no. Everything you write leads me to believe that you think people that disagree with you are morons. You are the one that said "most American voters are basically morons". I happen not to believe that. I disagree with the will of the voters quite often, but over the long haul I think that the voters get it right. Certainly I think that they got it right in the last two presidential elections. It is a system that has served us well for a long time. It will serve us well in the future. I believe that the voters will eventually punish the Republican party for its embrace of an obstructionist, know nothing political platform. When that happens they will return to right center candidates that provide a counterbalance to a left center democratic party.
You are entitled to your opinion, right or wrong, and in my opinion it is more often wrong than right.

If you cannot understand how ridiculously incompetent Barack Obama has been as a president for the past five years, then nothing that I say is going to make any impact on your opinion. Even Jimmy Carter was able to work with Republicans to get legislation passed.

Forget Obama's almost total failure to work with Congress to pass legislation for a moment. Let us assume that you are correct and Republicans, led by one of the worst Speakers of the House in history, still managed to block most of Obama's legislative agenda. What does that say about Obama? You must think that the stumbling, mumbling John Boehner is an absolute genius.

If Obama's legislative failures are the sole fault of Republicans, which you seem to believe, then how do you explain all of his other failures? Can you honestly say with a straight face that Obama has been a strong wartime president or that his foreign policy has not been a colossal failure?

What about the situation with our southern border? What have Republicans done that attracted tens of thousands of illegal aliens from central America in the past few months. Do you believe that recent events have nothing to do with Obama refusing to enforce existing immigration law and threatening to bypass Congress with a pen and phone?

You greatly overestimate the competency of the GOP leaders, as well as the quality of leadership of John Boehner and his "leadership" team in the House of Representatives. You also greatly underestimate Obama's monumental incompetence. Boehner, Obama, and Reid are all extremely incompetent. Collectively, they may be the worst trio of political leaders in U.S. history.

Dial back the partisanship a few clicks and try judging both parties by the actual results. There is way too much well deserved blame to try to place all of it on one party. :lol2:

Left center Democratic Party??? :laugh:
I guess the far left is technically left of center.

The Democratic Party is much further left of center than the Republican Party is right of center. I wish that the GOP was really as conservative as liberals claim, but unfortunately it is not. The attacks by the GOP leadership on conservatives like Ted Cruz show what Boehner, McCain, Graham, Karl Rove, and company think about the real conservatives in their party.

In contrast, Barack Obama is reportedly quietly encouraging left winger Elizabeth "Fauxahontas" Warren to run to succeed him.

I believe that the voters will eventually punish the Republican party for its embrace of an obstructionist, know nothing political platform. When that happens they will return to right center candidates that provide a counterbalance to a left center democratic party.
I believe that voters will eventually punish the Democrat Party for its embrace of a destructive, do nothing good political platform. Good thing for the people that the right is being "obstructive" in order to keep the left from passing their unwanted agendas.

I believe that voters will eventually punish the Democrat Party for its embrace of a destructive' date=' do nothing good political platform. Good thing for the people that the right is being "obstructive" in order to keep the left from passing their unwanted agendas.[/quote']

I absolutely disagree that obstruction is beneficial. Reach beyond and come up with workable solutions, which may involve compromise. Neither side has it 100% correct. But the Republican party is going to need to come up with platforms that the "common man" can relate to end masse. The strategy of the "Repeal, Repeal, Repeal" isn't likely to work.

I don't know about TA, but that would be me.:thumb:

I've met few people in life who don't consider themselves left or right center. The parties seldom govern that way though. When they do it's a direct result of the "obstructionism" of the opposing party.

My wallet and bank account disagree say the economy still sucks.

My health insurance keeps going up every year and I still don't get a raise, prices of basic goods go up and I still don't get a raise. Taxes go up and I still say those who say the economy is doing good are liars and obviously the rich owners.

I absolutely disagree that obstruction is beneficial. Reach beyond and come up with workable solutions, which may involve compromise. Neither side has it 100% correct. But the Republican party is going to need to come up with platforms that the "common man" can relate to end masse. The strategy of the "Repeal, Repeal, Repeal" isn't likely to work.
Tell that to the President and especially, Harry Reid. Talk about an obstructionist.

The strategy of "my way or the highway" is showing in polls that Obama and the Democrats are going to need to come up with platforms that the "common man" can relate to as well. Where is your disagreement with the likes of Reid, Pelosi and their ilk?

Tell that to the President and especially, Harry Reid. Talk about an obstructionist.

The strategy of "my way or the highway" is showing in polls that Obama and the Democrats are going to need to come up with platforms that the "common man" can relate to as well. Where is your disagreement with the likes of Reid, Pelosi and their ilk?

For me, the difference maker is that the Dem's have at least presented a plan. If the Rep's have a plan, they'd do well for themselves to present it publicly. While the Dem's aren't presenting or pushing perfect plans, at least it's not just a plan of "go back to the way things were". I am all for considering a plan to improve. I am not willing to consider reverting to the "of way" as a viable alternative.

For me, the difference maker is that the Dem's have at least presented a plan. If the Rep's have a plan, they'd do well for themselves to present it publicly. While the Dem's aren't presenting or pushing perfect plans, at least it's not just a plan of "go back to the way things were". I am all for considering a plan to improve. I am not willing to consider reverting to the "of way" as a viable alternative.
What exactly are you speaking of?

A bad plan isn't something that should be rammed through, yet, that's exactly what the Dems do.

What exactly are you speaking of?

A bad plan isn't something that should be rammed through, yet, that's exactly what the Dems do.

Name something that Dem's are "ramming through", that a plausible alternative PLAN has been proposed by Reps

Name something that Dem's are "ramming through", that a plausible alternative PLAN has been proposed by Reps
Wait. So, even if there is no "plausible" plan, ramming something through is okay? I suppose then you are a fan of, "we have to pass the bill to know what's in the bill".

Name something good, and I mean actually good, this administration has forced on us. Please don't even bother with Obama Care.

Wait. So, even if there is no "plausible" plan, ramming something through is okay? I suppose then you are a fan of, "we have to pass the bill to know what's in the bill".

Name something good, and I mean actually good, this administration has forced on us. Please don't even bother with Obama Care.

So...you have nothing...is that what I'm to understand?

So...you have nothing...is that what I'm to understand?
You will do what you always do, understand only what you want to and blindly protect the party you support. No matter what. You can Google answers to any of your questions and get answers, but you already know that, but, they're likely not from sources that prop up the Democrats, so they don't matter to you.

BTW, you admit they rammed things through. That's a start.