Reds are Done!

Dodgers are in the market for back-end bullpen help and starting pitching. Give them a call and see what a Cueto/Latos & Broxton/Chapman (or some mixture) package would bring back.

Maybe see if you could get a Seager (or Pederson) & Julio Urias type package?? :idunno:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're going to give one of the top 5 starters and top 2 closers in the NL, you better get one whale of a return. I'd need major league ready bats in return and some prospects.

Seager and Pederson are studs. Either would be in the everyday lineup next season IMO. Urias is a 17 year old LHP who has been outstanding at high A ball this season. Probably a couple years away, but kid could be special.

Seager and Pederson are studs. Either would be in the everyday lineup next season IMO. Urias is a 17 year old LHP who has been outstanding at high A ball this season. Probably a couple years away, but kid could be special.

They have really solid minor league numbers. They are the kind of guys you would want in return. Close to MLB ready and will be under team control for a while. If you could get one I would do it.

They have really solid minor league numbers. They are the kind of guys you would want in return. Close to MLB ready and will be under team control for a while. If you could get one I would do it.

The Dodgers have made it known they aren't including both in any deal. However, from what I've read it sounds like people think they'd move both to land Price. If the Reds offered them Cueto & Chapman, I'd have to imagine they'd be willing to include both, but who knows? :idunno:

They aren't going to trade their top 3 prospects.

2 of the 3 would be well worth it. Cueto and Chapman won't be in Cincinnati after next season IMO. Their value will never be higher. You move them now and have the possibility of jump-starting the system with one move.

They aren't going to trade their top 3 prospects.

2 of the 3 would be well worth it. Cueto and Chapman won't be in Cincinnati after next season IMO. Their value will never be higher. You move them now and have the possibility of jump-starting the system with one move.

It will be a hard sell to Joe Baseball but I'd like to think most fans would get it.

So, now it's his neglect of statistics, a couple months ago it was his gutting of their minor league system, so which is it? Is there a link that says he neglected the stats?

I posted it way earlier in the year when the article came out. I'm not making this up just b/c you don't understand some of them.

Jocketty was pretty well received in STL until the final few years. He won a World Series, but he always did it at the price of the farm system.

Yes he was. He completely wiped out the farm system with those trades. It took a few years with Mo to build it to where it is today

I don't think Jocketty has been that bad. I would do the Latos deal all over again every time. It seems like we are placing the blame for the awful extensions on him, when someone on here who is seemingly pretty well connected is saying the owners want the extensions more so than Walt.

This isn't the article I was referencing that is far better but it's from 07:

Walt Jocketty gets axed from Cards because of numbers crunch - NY Daily News

The firing of respected Walt Jocketty as Cardinals GM last Tuesday by team chairman Bill DeWitt was just another example of the growing trend of meddling owners reducing the powers of the general manager and shifting the emphasis of baseball operations to statistical analysis. In announcing he was parting ways with Jocketty - under whose stewardship the Cardinals had gone to the postseason five times in the last seven years, twice to the World Series and winning it all just last year - DeWitt cited an irreconcilable division within the Cardinals' front office

I posted it way earlier in the year when the article came out. I'm not making this up just b/c you don't understand some of them.

It's pure comedy that you think I don't understand the statistics of the game. But you keep thinking that way.

Here's an article from back in May that backs up SSC's point.

Jocketty's refusal to use Sabermetrics led to departure from Cardinals

That link led me to this title.

[h=1]Could Walt Jocketty Leave Cincinnati Reds for Arizona Diamondbacks?[/h]