Reds are Done!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Big Red machine solidified the city as a baseball town. When I go to visit relatives in St.Louis, they still talk about that when talking Reds. I think people outside this city and area really respect the Reds. Lance McCalister did a poll one day, it was like 60% of the city is Bengal fans, but in the same poll 95% were Reds fans. This city loves it's baseball.

The city loves its Reds but I believe love football more, but the Bengals sucked for so long that many people gave up on them or had other teams as their favorites. This town is called a baseball town, however it does not show in the stands like the other baseball towns across America.

Honestly we are just a poor sports town in general.

And just like the Bengals and PBS, GABP will be full this weekend for the Reds.

I have never understood the thinking of this and why people say these things. Do you think people not showing up go to GABP will help the Reds out? It just means even a smaller payroll. Shoot part of the Reds problem is that they have been to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years and still don't have the attendance that other so called baseball towns have. Not showing up to games is not going to change anything for the better for the Reds or Bengals. The Reds and Bengals sucked for many sucked year between the 90's and 2000's and usually had horrible attendance and that sure didn't get things to change for the better.