Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

56th District All Tournament Team / MVP

Featured Replies

LEE

Kenny Brandenburg

Caleb Fetters

Tyler Rich

 

ESTILL

Dixon

Reece

Puckett

 

POWELL

Romans

Skidmoore

 

OWSLEY

Neeley

Smith

 

Brandon Coldiron Defensive Award - Caleb Fetters

Hearn Tournament MVP - Tyler Rich

A great group of kids that are deserving.

 

Rich deserved the Billy Jay Hearne award. He has been Lee County's horse all year. He played great tonight in the clutch.

 

Fetters will be IMO one of the top players in the region next year. This kid is the definition of an athelete.

Both awards well deserved. Rich played great, put Lee on his back and said, "Guys, we're not losing."

 

And Fetters may be the most underrated player in the region. I love the way he plays---never any quit, blocking or altering shots, tip ins, rebounds....just plain hustle.

 

Congratulations to both players, and the Bobcats on the district title.

Dixon, Reese, and Puckett all are deserving of this honor. Dixon shut down Rich when Estill was in man to man. Reese hit some big time threes in both games and Puckett did his usual great defense and hit one of the most important three point shot of his career. Too bad it was in a loosing effort but it was a great attempt.

Dixon, Reese, and Puckett all are deserving of this honor. Dixon shut down Rich when Estill was in man to man. Reese hit some big time threes in both games and Puckett did his usual great defense and hit one of the most important three point shot of his career. Too bad it was in a loosing effort but it was a great attempt.

I was impressed with all these players, particularly Dixon. I think, though, that the MVP should go to someone from the winning team, although it hasn't always been that way.

I'm happy to see Reese and Puckett get some recognition. Man they played their hearts out during the tourny - and I'm proud to have a couple guys like them on my team going into region.

All tournament team was exactly how I would have picked if I had a choice. Rich and Fetters deserved individual awards, but if Estill had pulled it out, would have gone with Dixon for MVP, because, as usual, I agree with Professor.

  • Author
All tournament team was exactly how I would have picked if I had a choice. Rich and Fetters deserved individual awards, but if Estill had pulled it out, would have gone with Dixon for MVP...

 

Yep, If Estill had won I'd have saw it that way too.

Dixon would have been a good choice - and you could have easily made an argument for Reese, Christopher, or Puckett who all played tramendous basketball in Beatyville this week.

 

Again - I dont know what Rich did in the game with Owsley - but he was shut down big time last night. Fetters was their only real weapon other than a couple threes by Brandenburg.

Dixon would have been a good choice - and you could have easily made an argument for Reese, Christopher, or Puckett who all played tramendous basketball in Beatyville this week.

 

Again - I dont know what Rich did in the game with Owsley - but he was shut down big time last night. Fetters was their only real weapon other than a couple threes by Brandenburg.

 

Well Dixon played tough but even if you want to say you can give it to a losing team's player, can you give it to the player who missed the free throw that would have sent the game to overtime?? I don't see that happening....I do agree that for the first 3 quarters Rich was stopped but in the 4th qaurter Rich put Lee on his back while Estill was making their push to take the game away. Bottomline Rich stepped up in the clutch while Dixon did not

Well Dixon played tough but even if you want to say you can give it to a losing team's player, can you give it to the player who missed the free throw that would have sent the game to overtime?? I don't see that happening....I do agree that for the first 3 quarters Rich was stopped but in the 4th qaurter Rich put Lee on his back while Estill was making their push to take the game away. Bottomline Rich stepped up in the clutch while Dixon did not

 

I couldnt disagree more. How many did Rich have in the 4th? I know he had a runout lay up and hit two freethrows at the end.

 

And rather or not he hit the free throws - Lee was still up by with a second a half to go. There isnt much you can do going the length of the floor with a second a half.

 

As far as the free throw goes - you have to remember that he drew the foul off a great move going into the basket. He missed a free throw that would have only tied a game with still 5 seconds to go. Theres no way to know if it would have even sent the game into OT.

 

I never said Dixon should have been MVP - just not Rich. As far as our game - Rich was shut down - and in a big way. Fetters won the district title last night.

I couldnt disagree more. How many did Rich have in the 4th? I know he had a runout lay up and hit two freethrows at the end.

 

And rather or not he hit the free throws - Lee was still up by with a second a half to go. There isnt much you can do going the length of the floor with a second a half.

 

As far as the free throw goes - you have to remember that he drew the foul off a great move going into the basket. He missed a free throw that would have only tied a game with still 5 seconds to go. Theres no way to know if it would have even sent the game into OT.

 

I never said Dixon should have been MVP - just not Rich. As far as our game - Rich was shut down - and in a big way. Fetters won the district title last night.

 

I honestly do not know how many tyler had in the 4th maybe somebody could tell us. But i know for a fact he had a little bit more than just the run out and the free throws.

I couldnt disagree more. How many did Rich have in the 4th? I know he had a runout lay up and hit two freethrows at the end.

 

And rather or not he hit the free throws - Lee was still up by with a second a half to go. There isnt much you can do going the length of the floor with a second a half.

 

As far as the free throw goes - you have to remember that he drew the foul off a great move going into the basket. He missed a free throw that would have only tied a game with still 5 seconds to go. Theres no way to know if it would have even sent the game into OT.

 

I never said Dixon should have been MVP - just not Rich. As far as our game - Rich was shut down - and in a big way. Fetters won the district title last night.

Have to disagree a little

Rich scored one more point than Dixon( Which I agree were the best two players on the floor) Since Lee won you give it to Rich

Have to disagree a little

Rich scored one more point than Dixon( Which I agree were the best two players on the floor) Since Lee won you give it to Rich

 

I agree that you have to give it to the winning team. I'm just saying, in my oppinion, Fetters was your MVP on that night.

  • Author

In the final, Lee had Rich, Fetters and Brandenburg who could have been MVP. Nearly the same situation vs Owsley in the opening round. I don't know how many voted on the MVP award, but I'm sure that each of the 3 were in the running.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.