CovCath 66 Cov. Holmes 47

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would have thougth that this game would be a blowout. Billy, Danny, and Michael are the stars of this game.......

Tuesday, the guards won the game, tonight the front line does the job......

I think Holmes is done. If they draw any District winner they have the ability to get knocked off. I am shocked at the score of this one.

Schult and D. Noll had one heck of a game. If CCH plays like they did tonight they will breeze through the tourney and go pretty far in the state tourney. . Jacobs, Bovard from CCH, Steenken from HC, Romes from Beechwood, and Hill and Avery from HHS were All-District team with Tierney as the MVP.

Why wouldn't they draw a district winner?

meaning, any team they draw now can knock them off. I thought if they beat CCH that they could probably defeat most District Losers. Now with Dixie, HHS and possibly Ryle/Conner I think they can get knocked out in the 1st rd.

CCH was definitely the better team in this game. Holmes has no depth. Jefferson got two tough calls that gave him his fourth and fifth fouls of the game and that really hurt. I will stick with what I have always said and say that Brandon Brown is a premeire defender (if not the best) in the 9th. Anyone who saw him shut Jefferson down at the end of the first quarter should be able to attest to that.

Holmes will be a good game for whoever they draw, but I believe they are not thought of as power they way they once were. CCH is playing good ball as of late and are peaking at the right time. Would love to see them and Highlands on opposite ends of the bracket and meet in the finals. 9th Region will be lots of fun this year!

Good to see Schult go to the bucket.

The difference in the game IMO was the guard play. Holmes put so much emphasis on stopping the guards that it completely opened up the inside. The CCH guards did an excellent job of taking what Holmes gave which was the pick-n-roll and the dump off inside.

CCH was definitely the better team in this game. Holmes has no depth. Jefferson got two tough calls that gave him his fourth and fifth fouls of the game and that really hurt. I will stick with what I have always said and say that Brandon Brown is a premeire defender (if not the best) in the 9th. Anyone who saw him shut Jefferson down at the end of the first quarter should be able to attest to that.

It was actually the end of the half where B Brown made life difficult. Strong defensive effort.

Good game that is a bit closer than the score indicates. Noll did an excellent job with 15 points, and TJ stepped up big on D to do a nice job on Austin Hill. Also Landrum kept CCH alive in the 1st half with two big threes.