Johnson Central 57 Sheldon Clark 51

I think Sheldon Clark had only 3 points in the third quarter total. The Central defense really came together in the second half. Looked like a totally different team.

A Paintsville-Central District Championship, it can't get any better than that.

Congrats to the Eagles! Sounds like JC had to work hard to make it just like the Tigers did last night.

Looks like a rematch of last years district final, except that the Tigers get to play JC on their Eagles home floor this time!! Should be a great game.

I was amazed in watching the game tonight how little the Sheldon Clark coach responed to his team being outscored by 18 points in the 3rd quarter. With his team down 6 with about 4 minutes to go he watched his team stand around in a zone while JCHS moved the ball around to kill some clock. Finally assisatant coach Shawn Hager jumped up and took charge by turning up the pressure. Hager instinctively took over a couple of times tonight, while Hammond appeared unfocused or uncertain what was taking place.

I was amazed in watching the game tonight how little the Sheldon Clark coach responed to his team being outscored by 18 points in the 3rd quarter. With his team down 6 with about 4 minutes to go he watched his team stand around in a zone while JCHS moved the ball around to kill some clock. Finally assisatant coach Shawn Hager jumped up and took charge by turning up the pressure. Hager instinctively took over a couple of times tonight, while Hammond appeared unfocused or uncertain what was taking place.

One thing is for sure, I would have called more than 1 time out during the 3rd quarter. Have to call more TO's than that when a team stays on a run like that.

Well, this brings me to my question that I was going to pose. Who is actually the coach of this team? I watched Shawn Hager do all the coaching during timeouts and he was the one that was getting on the officials or having discussions with them. I know that J.R. is supposed to be the head man, but looked like he had no interest in what was going on last night. Can anyone from S.C. explain this.

I thought Central played a great second half last night, looked like the first half was somewhat of a I am going to get mine attitude..They really good team ball in the second half.

Ya'll are finally seeing what i've been saying for 3 yrs. The man ( as much as ya'll like him) can't coach. I know i'll hear it again but the writting is on the wall. look at the talent verse the records. should have had these boys running teams in the ground,(got to have them in shape first). Teach team first.

Wow!!!! I love you guys!! I have felt the same way about Coach Hammond for two years. He has wasted more talent this year than any other coach in the state. If Sheldon Clark doesn't get smart and make some big changes in the coaching staff then they are making a big mistake!!!! If the coach was a real man he would resign and let the program begin their search for a coach that actually knows how to coach.IMO Shawn Hager is not the answer to the problem(though I commend him on his effort last night). SC needs a new set of eyes that can bring a fresh outlook on the game. These boys need some motivation and leadership.I really think the program could have used Bobby Hale this past season he really seemed to know how to relate to the boys.Please I am begging you!!!! RESTUCTURE the program, not just for the players, but for the fans too!!!!!

:dancingpa

Guest kybigguy42

Coach Hammond has had some incredibly bad luck this year. His father has been in and out of the hospital since last Spring.....accident. I think most of us would agree that losing Juan Carlos (family death in Mexico) was a huge blow to this team. Then he and his entire family were sick leading up to the Central game. Last year's team, if you want to call it a team, was all about individuals. Adolph Rupp couldn't have gotten them to play together. I dont know if anyone else noticed, but most of the night against Central we were playing a freshman and 2 sophmores. You gotta give the Eagles alot of credit for their run in the 3rd quarter. But I for one offer my support for J.R. He is a good man, a solid Christian and handles himself with alot of grace.