35th District Championship Game - Covcath vs Holmes

Thoughts and Predictions???

I think this game could go either way, I think Holmes is back on track and will win or lose this one by no more than 3 points. It all depends on the inside play for Holmes, Terence Clark and Josh Nelson are starting to figure out their roles on the team with Rice's departure. This should be another classic match up between these two.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw both games this week at HC. I really think CCH will defeat Holmes. They are on fire right now and Holmes is struggling a little bit. However, I also think these two have a great chance of meeting again in the regional finals with only Highlands in the way.

The 35th is by far the strongest district in NoKy this year and probably top 5 in the state.

I saw both games this week at HC. I really think CCH will defeat Holmes. They are on fire right now and Holmes is struggling a little bit. However, I also think these two have a great chance of meeting again in the regional finals with only Highlands in the way.

The 35th is by far the strongest district in NoKy this year and probably top 5 in the state.

Agreed. But for some reason I think both teams are going to play a little sloppy. CovCath will pull it out though.

CCH made a big mistake last night. Playing the clock with about 6 minutes left does not suit them well. The halfcourt offense is not a truly strong part of their game. They are a much better run and gun, hit the runner type team. And once you are forced to start scoring again you may be out of a rythme and it may be harder to score.

Haven't seen Holmes since the changes in roster....this is a great game and a tough call,. CCH didn't play real well vs HC..credit the Inidians...but, they are a much better team since the last game. CCH by 8.

I'll take CCH. I just have no reason I should take holmes after the last month. IMO this game doesn't matter at all though. Either way both teams don't play each other again till the finals and either team will have the same shot of playing Highlands before the finals.

CCH big men must play big. Other wise a Rice less Holmes really isn't as big of a deal against another guard oriented team. Holmes can match CCH with guards.

But I'll take CCH -66 Holmes 61

But like I said above if a CCH big man does not step up, Austin Hill is more than capable of caring Holmes on his back in this game.

Agreed. I've said all year that Hill is more talented than he realizes. I know he has had some big games...I just think he can dominate every time he walks on the floor. Especially if CCH big/skinny men go soft....

CCH probably has the tallest team in the 9th, but I've never seen so many big kids play soft. If they played as aggresive as their backcourt they would be unbeatable in the 9th region. I would love to see the stats, because I wouldn't be surprised if HC outrebounded CCH in that last game.

CovCath had to be so focused and pumped to beat HC on the Indian's home court that they may come out a bit flat vs. Holmes. I know that sounds strange but sports runs that way when mentally you know you are in the region and this is not a must win game. However, I think CovCath regroups at the half and takes care of business to win the district. The Blue Colonels definitely want that #1 seed and they are a fine club. Hill, Jefferson and Henderson are 3 of the most exciting area players to watch and I see them wanting this game badly. The Dawgs did not have to expend as much emotional energy to get to this game even though Beechwood gave them a great battle. Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams.

Don't know all the stats, but Jacobs was leading rebounder I believe. You are correct, if they played stronger inside they would be a big favorite!

While the CCH big men don't put up the stats, they know that they are role players and are content with their roles. Jacobs is a great rebounder but to say that the big guys don't have the rebounds because they are soft is recognition that you don't watch the games. The big guys boxed out HC's rebounders like Scruggs and Steenken, freeing Jacobs to get a lot of his rebounds. CovCath's big guys don't play soft they just don't put up enough points to satisfy the masses. They know they aren't Brennan Votel.

Also since CCH rotates 3 guys in two spots essentially (Noll Young Schult), each of their individual production is lower. Add up all three of their stats and you will get 11 points, 18 rebounds, and 10 assists. Also the 4 spot was responsible for guarding Steenken, and they did a pretty good job. Its good enough for two positions that are meant to be playing a role in Coach L's scheme, especially in a game where all 3 of them will admit they did not play well.