The 12 Unspoken Rules For Being A Liberal

In all the years of following politics, I've found one thing to be almost universally true:

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."

-G.K. Chesterton

Ehh, I'd say many fall in between. It's no doubt a huge problem and why we are where we are, but there are still a lot of middle of the road folks out there.

In all the years of following politics, I've found one thing to be almost universally true:

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."

-G.K. Chesterton

I'm progressively conservative. :smug:

I did some searching trying to find one for conservatives. If anyone finds a good link, please post a new thread in similar fashion.

In the interest of fair play, here's the first thing that came up on a google search. I'm simply SHOCKED that no one has responded yet.

THE TEN CONSERVATIVE COMMANDMENTS

1. Thou shalt have no other party but ours
  2. Thou shalt not satirize our luminaries
  3. Thou shalt only take the names of the liberals in vain
  4. Remember the sabbath day—that would be Sunday, not Saturday or Friday or whatever freaky day your particular non-Christian religion observes—and keep it holy
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother…from a “normal” two-parent family consisting of one man and one woman
  6. Thou shalt not kill…except in self defense or to rid society of scum who really deserve it
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery…except when your wife refuses to honor her conjugal duties
  8. Thou shalt not steal (Corporations with former executives in high government positions excepted…of course!)
  9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor…unless Homeland Security tells you that your neighbor is…you know, “Really, really bad!”
  10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife (Little boys are so much easier to intimidate and keep silent.)

Ragebot | The Ten (Conservative) Commandments

In the interest of fair play, here's the first thing that came up on a google search. I'm simply SHOCKED that no one has responded yet.

4. Remember the sabbath day—that would be Sunday, not Saturday or Friday or whatever freaky day your particular non-Christian religion observes—and keep it holy
  5. Honor thy father and thy mother…from a “normal” two-parent family consisting of one man and one woman
  6. Thou shalt not kill…except in self defense or to rid society of scum who really deserve it
  7. Thou shalt not commit adultery…except when your wife refuses to honor her conjugal duties
  8. Thou shalt not steal (Corporations with former executives in high government positions excepted…of course!)
  9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor…unless Homeland Security tells you that your neighbor is…you know, “Really, really bad!”
  10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife (Little boys are so much easier to intimidate and keep silent.)

I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff right there. :lol2:

Oh, we knew one of you liberals would post something. :cool: