Colin Kaepernick Being Investigated for Sexual Assault

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I go hook up with one of my ex's, regardless of whether she wants to or not, it's not sexual assault? If both parties aren't consenting it's a crime.

Someone would have a much more difficult time proving it wasn't consensual if there was a history of relations...

Other Players May Be Involved

Most interesting part I found was this quote from Whitner regarding Harbaugh...

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he’ll forgive us except put our hands on women,” Whitner said in 2012, after Harbaugh first season as head coach. “If you put your hand on a woman then you’re done in his book. So other than putting your hands on women, you can do anything and come talk to him, and it’s true.”

We haven't seen the evidence in this one yet you seem to imply Kaepernick's guilt.

Not at all. He may very well be guilty, he may very well not be. Just as you tend to believe the athlete, I tend to believe the accusers more.

My first post never mentioned Kaepernick at all. It seems athletes are always finding themselves in these situations though, hence my "no means no" post.

It seems athletes are always finding themselves in these situations though, hence my "no means no" post.

At first glance it seems like the frequency could be explained away by saying that the athelets are victims as women could be falsifying accusations in an attempt to get a payday, however, the more I think about it, it doesn't seem like you hear about near as many sexual assualt claims with actors or musicians who could be targets for the same reasons.

At first glance it seems like the frequency could be explained away by saying that the athelets are victims as women could be falsifying accusations in an attempt to get a payday, however, the more I think about it, it doesn't seem like you hear about near as many sexual assualt claims with actors or musicians who could be targets for the same reasons.

That's actually a really good point. I'd venture most big-time actors and musicians are more financially well-off and more famous than most athletes too, so you'd think they'd be targeted more.

Probably because in their situations there are far more drugs involved and that muddies the water quite a bit.