Cordia 66 Letcher Co. Central 60

Largest school in the 14th falls to one of the smallest. Letcher's athletic programs (boys) have really struggled so far this year.

Don't blame it on the athletes, they can only go as far as they are coached. The Letcher County school district has paid BIG bucks for coaches in boys athletics but has gotten poor results.

Don't blame it on the athletes, they can only go as far as they are coached. The Letcher County school district has paid BIG bucks for coaches in boys athletics but has gotten poor results.

I couldn't see blaming the coaches either though. They don't have magic dust to make kids great in a year. From what I know, it would be more feasable to blame the coaches of the previous programs who discouraged intrest in the sports. It is my understanding that the football teams from all 3 schools didn't have a mandatory or even organized weight program. Teens for the most part don't think about long term and arent gonna bust their butts in the off season unless they are pushed to do so. In the case of basketball, current coaching decisioins led to dissention in the county. Until the people of the county lose the "Jerry Springer Show" attitude, nothing will be accomplished.

I couldn't see blaming the coaches either though. They don't have magic dust to make kids great in a year. From what I know, it would be more feasable to blame the coaches of the previous programs who discouraged intrest in the sports. It is my understanding that the football teams from all 3 schools didn't have a mandatory or even organized weight program. Teens for the most part don't think about long term and arent gonna bust their butts in the off season unless they are pushed to do so. In the case of basketball, current coaching decisioins led to dissention in the county. Until the people of the county lose the "Jerry Springer Show" attitude, nothing will be accomplished.

I don't know if I agree with everything you have posted, but I will say that you can't blame the coaching staff at Letcher Central for this loss. One of hardest jobs for a coach is to deal with consolidation, meshing three schools together and trying to keep everyone happy. Usually, consolidated schools take a few years build a program and weed out prior factors from the other schools. The only exception to this rule in recent memory has been East Ridge, who made the regional in their second season of existence. Be patient Letcher Central fans.

As for Cordia, biggest win for them in recent memory. Congrats to the Lions! :eek:

The underdog pulled through tonight. Good win for the lions, I love to see underdogs come up victorious, this is Kentucky and thats why we play the games.
I am not so sure they were the under dogs. Nobody gave them the credit they deserved. Gotta play them schools to find out how good they are.