3) Dixie Heights

4) Campbell County

5) Simon Kenton

6) Beechwood

7) NCC

8) Ryle

9) Connor

10) Scott

JMO, best of luck to ALL NKY teams this up coming season!

Not sure I'd put Highlands 2nd just yet. I think Campbell is maybe a little high and I have a feeling Ryle is going to be much higher than 8th when it's all said and done.

Fun stuff for discussion though.

It was hard to pick between Dixie and Campbell for 3rd I agree, but Dixie has 9 returning starters on there D who finished 2nd in 6A in the state for the fewest points allowed last season, not to mention Drew Moore might be the Best QB in NKY this season. I realize CC has around 50 returning Jrs. this year, but with a new QB, and there best O lineman Schnider grand. played into my decision, the good thing is they will get to decide things on the field. Fun stuff.

How can anyone really put Cov. Cath over Highlands? Cov. Cath hasn't beaten Highlands since 2006...that includes an 0-11 run...the SR's on this year's Cov. Cath. team were 10 & 11 years old the last time Cov. Cath. beat Highlands...and now they're just going to overtake them? Highlands HAS to be #1 until someone up there proves otherwise.

How can anyone really put Cov. Cath over Highlands? Cov. Cath hasn't beaten Highlands since 2006...that includes an 0-11 run...the SR's on this year's Cov. Cath. team were 10 & 11 years old the last time Cov. Cath. beat Highlands...and now they're just going to overtake them? Highlands HAS to be #1 until someone up there proves otherwise.

This. :thumb:

I'm a HHS fan but I've got no problem with it. Let's face it, there are few years when anyone but HHS can be listed #1 preseason. With the change in coaching and unknown talent coming in at HHS and the development of players at CCH with their middle school feeder programs I can see where someone would give them a shot at the top going into the season.

That said, I personally would have HHS on top since I have a lot of faith in Coach W and I've seen how HHS develops kids who go from unknowns to top flight players over the course of their careers.

SK will be one of top 2 teams in nky!

They may likely be very good once again, but until SK gets on the field with CovCath or Highlands, no one is going to rank them there. In my opinion, that is rightfully so. SK is big enough and now their roster is established enough, stop playing Holy Cross and schedule one of these programs.

I'm a HHS fan but I've got no problem with it. Let's face it, there are few years when anyone but HHS can be listed #1 preseason. With the change in coaching and unknown talent coming in at HHS and the development of players at CCH with their middle school feeder programs I can see where someone would give them a shot at the top going into the season.

That said, I personally would have HHS on top since I have a lot of faith in Coach W and I've seen how HHS develops kids who go from unknowns to top flight players over the course of their careers.

I can see where you are coming from with everything but "unknown talent coming in" What does that mean? Sure there were a lot of seniors last year that saw playing time, but there were also numerous underclassman that got a taste of the action. Pretty safe bet that there were kids that saw little to no action last year for one reason or another.

It's pretty clear UK #1 FAN, that you have a son, and or nephew who plays for SK, guessing a son. I think SK will be really good, but Kuntz isn't this teams QB this season, and they grad. other very good players, remember this is JMO, and I do think SK is a top 5 team in NKY, just not a top 2 or 3, that's all. I DON'T have a dog in the fight, again JMO. Good luck to SK, hope they do well.

I can see where you are coming from with everything but "unknown talent coming in" What does that mean? Sure there were a lot of seniors last year that saw playing time, but there were also numerous underclassman that got a taste of the action. Pretty safe bet that there were kids that saw little to no action last year for one reason or another.

Underclassmen have been overshadowed since they were freshman by the departing senior class. Few people outside of HHS knows anything about the HHS incoming players, hence "unknown talent". I was looking at it from an outsiders point of view who might lean towards listing CCH as number 1.

They may likely be very good once again, but until SK gets on the field with CovCath or Highlands, no one is going to rank them there. In my opinion, that is rightfully so. SK is big enough and now their roster is established enough, stop playing Holy Cross and schedule one of these programs.

I think that will happen when the new two year contracts are signed starting with the 2015 class. Plus remember the Holy Cross contract was signed right after they won their state title and SK was 2-9.

I would look for them to up their schedule in 2015.

Scott has a amazing freshman class coming in. I can see them snagging a district championship in the next few years and doing some damage in the playoffs especially with Nelson Perrin developing. As of next season I think the 8,9 and 10 spots are a toss up between Scott, Ryle and Conner.