Bracken County 55 St. Patrick 53 (39th District Semifinal)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for my Polar Bears. Hard fought game that came down to free throws. What caused a lot problems earlier in the season is our best weapon now and that is hitting free throws down the streach of close games. An it was our outstanding freshmen Crawford and Hamiliton leading the way. Haight had the hot hand early but just seemed to quit shooting :idunno:

St. Pat played a whale of a game. Most of thier starters were in foul trouble all night. Will have to say I was more than disappointed with St. Pat head coach. His language twards the clock operator was unacceptable. And they way he stormed off the court without even shaking hands. :no: He is supposed to be teaching his kids sportsmanship. Not acting like a toddler with a foul mouth. Lost a lot of respect for him. :ohbrother:

Was a great atmosphere tonight and I finally got a chance to talk to randy Parker and mcpapa. Real pleasure chatting with you two briefly tonight. I will hopefully see you all again tomorrow night :thumb:

Edited by polarbear98

Good win for my Polar Bears. Hard fought game that came down to free throws. What caused a lot problems earlier in the season is our best weapon now and that is hitting free throws down the strea h of close games. An it was our outstanding freshmen Crawford and Hamiliton leading the way. Haight had the hot hand early but just seemed to quit shooting :idunno:

St. Pat played a whale of a game. Most of thier starters were in foul trouble all night. Will have to say I was more than disappointed with St. Pat head coach. His language twards the clock operator was unacceptable. And they way he stormed off the court without even shaking hands. :no: He is supposed to be teaching his kids sportsmanship. Not acting like a toddler with a foul mouth. Lost a lot of respect for him. :ohbrother:

Was a great atmosphere tonight and I finally got a chance to talk to randy Parker and mcpapa. Real pleasure chatting with you two briefly tonight. I will hopefully see you all again tomorrow night :thumb:

What was his issue with the clock operator?

What was his issue with the clock operator?

St. Pat made a three with 1.8ish on the clock and the operator didn't get the clock stopped before the final horn. Was a bang bang play. I guess they wanted to foul again and extend the game but by the time they fouled and attempted another shot time would have been gone any way.

I get he was upset about it. But the way he handled his displeasure was unacceptable.

I believe his exact words were and I quote. "Your a (explicit) piece of :poop:"

No call for that.

St. Pat made a three with 1.8ish on the clock and the operator didn't get the clock stopped before the final horn. Was a bang bang play. I guess they wanted to foul again and extend the game but by the time they fouled and attempted another shot time would have been gone any way.

I get he was upset about it. But the way he handled his displeasure was unacceptable.

No call for that.

Clock doesn't stop after a made basket.

No call for that.

Maybe he should try not using all of his timeouts but one before the 3rd quarter is halfway over

Always a pleasure to spend a game or two with Randy, visit with old friends and meet new BGPers. Turns out that polarbear98's wife is a cousin of former neighbors of mine and a classmate of my son's.

Entertaining game. Hard-fought and I thought that the boys in green actually outplayed the boys in blue for most of the contest. 3-2 zone gave the Polar Bears fits nearly all night long. Even when Sticklen went out with 4 fouls late in the 3rd, the Saints extended a 1-point lead to 8. Jodrey fouling out early in the 4th was critical - he sparked the 7-0 run for St. Pat right after Sticklen had to sit with his 4th. Crawford took over late (having him relinquishing the point was probably the best coaching move Bracken made); Jefferson made a bunch of clutch charity tosses. St. Pat hits a 3 to get within 2 with just under 3 seconds to play but doesn't foul in time to keep the clock from running out.