Bracken County 55 St. Patrick 53 (39th District Semifinal)

St. Patrick outplayed Bracken County for 3 quarters. I thought the Saints were in trouble in the 3rd when Sticklen picked up his fourth foul & they were up only 1. But the Saints scored 7 straight after that & took a 42-34 lead.

Polar Bears played like :poop: for three quarters, but played the 4th quarter like a totally different team. Had defensive intensity, attacked the zone more effectively, & took advantage of the situation when Jodrey fouled out, which was a huge moment. The two freshmen, Crawford & Jacob Hamilton, were sensational in the 4th quarter. Both his some critical free throws.

Very impressed by what I saw from the Saints. I watched them twice early in the year & they've made great strides. Jodrey in particular played really, really well. Sticklen was solid & so was Andrew Brant.

Wasn't pretty for the Bears, but it gets the job done. Much congrats to Coach Persinger & the team. :thumb:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Haight needs to handle the ball more and let Crawford work. He is a excallent ball handler and can drive the lane and kick. Hamiliton is a great shooter for 3 but does not get a lot of shots. He's a catch and shoot kinda guy. If he's the primary ball handler then his oppertunities are limited.

Or possibily take the angle of sharing the duties between Haight and Hamiliton. Idk what the answer is but Crawford running the point while he is good at is not the most productive strategy. IMO.

So the coach thought the clock should stop after a made basket and then he got mad at the clock operator for not stopping it?

That's what it seemed like, although I was at the other end of the court.

I can't believe he was berating the clock man because he thought one of his players was able to foul before the clock hit all zeroes.

Is Fite out?

Fite is out for the remainder of the season the last I was told. I believe he is also a pretty good track athlete and dose not want to jepordize that. Really missed him tonight and will moving on.

I don't think he will be playing in the region. But I've been wrong before.

Randy my apologies for rushing off. I will have to meet up with you tomarrow night. Would definitely like to talk some basketball with you. :thumb:

Very close district game. About what was expected? Details?

They split the regular season meetings. Bracken won by 19 early in the year at St. Pat. Saints came to Brooksville a few weeks ago & won by 4.

I think most expected a Bracken win. I personally thought they'd win by 8-12 points, but honestly, the Saints were better than I gave them credit for.

Bracken's 4th quarter made up for the other 3 quarters. Polar Bears outscored St. Pat 21-11 in the final frame.