PCC 70 Jackson City 62

Pretty good game thought the tigers pulled this one out but they just seemed to let another one go. There were some bad calls but they still played good enough to win. Howard had another good game as did Fugate. Kilburn grabbed quite of few boards but not alot of help from the other players. Davidson and Watkins threw there bodys all over the floor and had to come out of the game a few times do to pain but all in all i think next time these two teams play if they do the score will be differet and maybe in Jacksons favor.

All I can say is that I'm extremely dissappointed in Jackson City. They played pretty decent (but could have been a little better) the first three quarters, but unfortunately they made us play a fourth quarter. What a bummer! We would be unstoppable if these boys played hockey. The fourth quarter we just handed the game to PCC and said here take the game, we don't want it, we have to get home and watch Sponge Bob Square Pants. PCC played the third as if they knew Jackson City was going to beat them. They were'nt getting after the ball, Jackson started rebounding better in the 3rd and you could tell PCC was getting frustrated. In the 4th, we showed them that we just did not want to win, so they jumped on the chance. Jackson led the game all the way, by as many as 9 several times. Until halfway through the 4th when we decided it just was not worth the effort to get a win. I guess we were saving our energy for Jenkins tonight. Considering the game was at PCC, Jackson got a pretty fair shake, except for few but that can be expected. They say it's better to give than to receive but I don't think that applies in sports. Now's not the time to get all moral. When the Tigers have a lead, Howard and Fugate need to have the ball in the 4th and control the game until the end. Time to be leaders men, control the ball and get your team the Win! I'm mad as heck, but still love my Tigers. If I didn't care so much about this team winning or losing, I wouldn't make a post like this. Play smart Tigers, I know you have the heart and determination and now's the time to let if show!

I think teams like Jackson City, and many others in the past, my Owls included (I thought we had a great shot at wining the region several times in the past-----'82, '83, '88, '90, '91,'92, '99, '00....and even last year), but when you get to the Big Show (for Owsley that's the region....if we ever get to Rupp we'll call it the Really, Really Big Show) you have to FEEL like you are the best. You have to FEEL like you are suppose to win. This is what separates the usual winners from the rest of the field. There has been many years that the best team has not represented the region, just for this simple reason.....and also quite a few controversial games that were suspiciously officiated. That particular scenario dates back to the 50's.

The only time I have felt we really got screwed was in 1983, when we finished the year at 28-5. I believe we had the best team in the region that year. We made it to the final game and played Breathitt. Breathitt shot 29 freethrows and Owsley shot 11 for the game....and Owsley didn't press and played a zone the entire game while Breathitt played man defense and pressed the whole game. A certain high profile 16th region referee from Rowan County (recently retired) called that game, and he was about as one-sided as one could get in his calls. That's JMHO, but that game still hurts.

But that's what teams like Jackson City, Owsley County, Lee County and Leslie as well.....have to overcome to make it to Lexington. There's a lot more to it than just having the best team. You have to feel it, believe it....and overcome many obstacles (such as politics, bias), including the fact that certain team's have THE names on the front of their jersey that have been there before and feel it is their birth right to go there again. That mentality is hard to overcome..

I think teams like Jackson City, and many others in the past, my Owls included (I thought we had a great shot at wining the region several times in the past-----'82, '83, '88, '90, '91,'92, '99, '00....and even last year), but when you get to the Big Show (for Owsley that's the region....if we ever get to Rupp we'll call it the Really, Really Big Show) you have to FEEL like you are the best. You have to FEEL like you are suppose to win. This is what separates the usual winners from the rest of the field. There has been many years that the best team has not represented the region, just for this simple reason.....and also quite a few controversial games that were suspiciously officiated. That particular scenario dates back to the 50's.

The only time I have felt we really got screwed was in 1983, when we finished the year at 28-5. I believe we had the best team in the region that year. We made it to the final game and played Breathitt. Breathitt shot 29 freethrows and Owsley shot 11 for the game....and Owsley didn't press and played a zone the entire game while Breathitt played man defense and pressed the whole game. A certain high profile 16th region referee from Rowan County (recently retired) called that game, and he was about as one-sided as one could get in his calls. That's JMHO, but that game still hurts.

But that's what teams like Jackson City, Owsley County, Lee County and Leslie as well.....have to overcome to make it to Lexington. There's a lot more to it than just having the best team. You have to feel it, believe it....and overcome many obstacles (such as politics, bias), including the fact that certain team's have THE names on the front of their jersey that have been there before and feel it is their birth right to go there again. That mentality is hard to overcome..

I have to agree. It always seems that when it comes tournament time if you dont have the right name on your jersey that you will have to beat 8 players instead of the usual 5.

And you will taste it again this year,All i tasted was that wonderful popcorn in RUPP while I watched the Commodores play, :fire:

This is what is soo wonderful about PCC/Hazard fans. When you get beat this year, you'll just crawl in your hole & not come out. When you do, I'm sure you got cheated. I mean the might Commodores & the god-king Holland, could never lose a fair match!!

(from wayne's world) We're not worthy, we're not worthy of being in the same region as the all mighty al holland & his commodores!!!

Please, keep posting we love your unbiased accounts of high school basketball!! Its like watching the fair & balanced fox news!!

This is what is soo wonderful about PCC/Hazard fans. When you get beat this year, you'll just crawl in your hole & not come out. When you do, I'm sure you got cheated. I mean the might Commodores & the god-king Holland, could never lose a fair match!!

(from wayne's world) We're not worthy, we're not worthy of being in the same region as the all mighty al holland & his commodores!!!

Please, keep posting we love your unbiased accounts of high school basketball!! Its like watching the fair & balanced fox news!!

Why thank you,and you are not worthy,jealousy and envy are 2 very bad characteristics!you just keep doubting the commodores and keep being proved wrong again time after time after time,I can't ever remember anyone from Perry Central crawling in a hole as you put it .As for your cheating complaint,you need to direct that elsewhere.

(from tombstone)"I'm your Huckelberry" :fire:

Definately, Larger teams/schools that win and proven are more consistant in winnings each year seem to get a lot of breaks come tournament time. When the smaller or less consistant teams have a "upyear" , they dont get the breaks that the larger schools get under the same conditions. In this region Perry gets a lot of breaks(eventhough this year aernt above many teams as usual) because they are consistant. Not right, but thats seems to be the most consistant thing of all. It adds adversity to what the underdog gas to overcome to go to the BIG BIG SHOW.

Good win for Perry over a good jackson City team.