War protesters ?

SportsGuy41017

Should the protesters, or are they  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the protesters, or are they

• Should they keep quiet and back the USA ?
    • Are they traitors to the USA ?
    • They do not understand what is going on
    • They have a legitimate reason

Originally posted by SportsGuy41017

BTW, Did any of these protesters noticed ALL of the new members of NATO are behind the USA? Those nations are ALL former Soviet satellite countries or are like Laftia (sp?) who were under Soviet occupation for years, I think they know a little about dictators and oppression! Isn't there anyone in France who remembers the German European tour? French Resistance? Ha ! Talk about a contradiction in terms!

The newest member of NATO is Russia.

They are only our freinds when they think we will give them something.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the news story from Iraq government controlled newspaper from July 2001, quoting Bin Ladin that he was going to attack the tunnels of the White House and made reference to the pentagon as well as saying that Frank Sanitra will regret every singing the song "New York, New York" because it will bring back horrible images

Originally posted by CheerNbHappy

It is their right to protest the actions of the government.....that is the basis on which this country is founded on.....you may not agree with them, but you have every right to stage a pro war rally. it says so in the constitution

I agree that they have the right to protest and we have the right not to pay them any attention. What gripes me is that something like 65% of us Americans are in favor of what the Administration is trying to do but it is the 35% that gets world wide coverage.

One more thing these protesters fail to see.

In the Iraqi State run news paper there was an article praising Bin Laden, This article was in July 2001, just two months before 9/11. In this article it made reference to Bin Laden blowing up the tunnels under the White House and mentioned the Pentagon, in this same article is said that all Americans would be cursing the songs of Sinatra(sp?) every time we hear them, meaning New York, New York!

How much proof do these people need? It's all there in front of them that Iraqi was involved in 9/11, Yet the USA is supposed to sit back and do nothing? Besides boycotting French products we need to start boycotting the movies of these actors that side with them, such as Sean Penn who are clueless.

I am tired of the French Whine !

Just because we have not declared war does not mean we are not at war. Whether you want to believe it or not Saddam and Osama have been at war with us for a long time. It must just be like icing on the cake for them to wake each morning to find the enemy (US) still sleeping.

Call it what you want to, we ARE at war. The tragedy will be realized when it is too late for many. It is time for this nation to rise to the threat presented by these madmen.

When will it be enough? How many sons and daughters must die before the protesters realize THIS IS FOR REAL, AND IT IS NOW?

If your basement floods do you wait until your head is underwater to take action?

We are already at war !

I for one am opposed to the "OSTRICH" defense. This threat will not go away, that is for sure.

AshlandTomcats#60 very good post, and all your points are correct, we are at WAR reguardless of what anyone thinks. PLUS, the Gulf War did NOT end, there was a cease-fire, NOT peace tready was signed, as with North Korea, no peace tready. The cease-fire with Iraq was with the understanding they fully cooperate, so far they have not.

With the UN resolution #1441 Iraq still has not complied, The UN wants to cry wolf everytime and Saddam knows this from the past, that he can play games and their words or resolutions mean nothing, he has said to a French new agency that he knows if he waits it out, and buys time he will break the west.

We in the west, and in the USA get too complacent, we forget to easily and as AshlandTomcats#60 these people ( Saddam and Bin Laden ) WILL, I repeat WILL strike us again, no matter if we go Liberate Iraq or not, this is no time to be weak!

Also, ANY nation that does not go along with what we are doing and try to block the USA then after the job is done then the heck with them, they had their change, if they are not with us before we go in then we will NOT help them at all, and we should put high tariffs on all their products. They forget, we do not really need them, but they need our trade to survive! So nations such as France need to shut up and back the US or be an outcast for ever! They do not need to help us with troops, but only in backing what we are doing and not stand in our way!

Originally posted by PepRock01

Just to clarify something, Saddam is not in any way a religious fanatic nor did he gas his people to religious reasons. He gassed Kurdish villages because they supported Iran during the Iran-Iraq war. Saddam is as atheistic as they come. Nonetheless releasinv nerve agents and chemical weapons on a civilian population is criminal and should be punished.

I feel that the protesters have a right to voice their opinion, but I still believe that they do not have the slightest inclination as to what Saddam has done not only to soldiers that fought against Iraq, the Iranian soldiers who are still coughing up their lungs in hospitals to this day, and to his own people, the Kurds who will be cursed with birth defects for at least three generations due to the nerve agents released in their villages. :mad:

Easy with what you say about attacking civilian populations. I know it was justified, and saved many lives, but Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both civilian travesties. When we dropped the two nukes on them we took out a lot of civilians; that could be considered a crime according to your reasoning. Watch what you say because you may be backing into a corner of double standards. I agree that Saddam is a major threat, and needs to be delt with. I hope we cripple them completely this time, no playing around. This rogue regime is the worst sort. They spend all their money building a military and weapons while their nation starves. The people are bearing the brunt of this regimes wrongs. The Iraqi people are scared into supporting Saddam, afterall he did kill almost the whole government as a show of power when he first took over. He is a nut, and needs to be placed into his final shell.

AshlandTomcats#60 very good post, and all your points are correct, we are at WAR reguardless of what anyone thinks. PLUS, the Gulf War did NOT end, there was a cease-fire, NOT peace tready was signed, as with North Korea, no peace tready. The cease-fire with Iraq was with the understanding they fully cooperate, so far they have not.

With the UN resolution #1441 Iraq still has not complied, The UN wants to cry wolf everytime and Saddam knows this from the past, that he can play games and their words or resolutions mean nothing, he has said to a French new agency that he knows if he waits it out, and buys time he will break the west.

We in the west, and in the USA get too complacent, we forget to easily and as AshlandTomcats#60 these people ( Saddam and Bin Laden ) WILL, I repeat WILL strike us again, no matter if we go Liberate Iraq or not, this is no time to be weak!

Also, ANY nation that does not go along with what we are doing and try to block the USA then after the job is done then the heck with them, they had their change, if they are not with us before we go in then we will NOT help them at all, and we should put high tariffs on all their products. They forget, we do not really need them, but they need our trade to survive! So nations such as France need to shut up and back the US or be an outcast for ever! They do not need to help us with troops, but only in backing what we are doing and not stand in our way!

They also need to stop blocking Turkey from receiving NATO aid in the coming conflict!!!!

Originally posted by Chant_50

They also need to stop blocking Turkey from receiving NATO aid in the coming conflict!!!!

Didn't you hear? The US and Britain took the resolution to help PROTECT Turkey ( with Patriot missiles, AWACs and such ) to the defense part of NATO, a part that in 1968 France declined to join . LOL, So NATO will be sending supplies to Turkey to help protect them.

They should kick France out of NATO, the number one thing in NATO is if you attack one, you attack all members, and every nation agreed to help protect each other. France just ticked off future members of the EU by telling nations like Poland they should keep their mouths shut when they all agreed that the US is doing the right thing, France is only alienating themselves. Most nations will jump on board within the days before we start the liberation, as they all will want to be on the winning side. I hope France is the exception to that rule...

Didn't you hear? The US and Britain took the resolution to help PROTECT Turkey ( with Patriot missiles, AWACs and such ) to the defense part of NATO, a part that in 1968 France declined to join . LOL, So NATO will be sending supplies to Turkey to help protect them.

They should kick France out of NATO, the number one thing in NATO is if you attack one, you attack all members, and every nation agreed to help protect each other. France just ticked off future members of the EU by telling nations like Poland they should keep their mouths shut when they all agreed that the US is doing the right thing, France is only alienating themselves. Most nations will jump on board within the days before we start the liberation, as they all will want to be on the winning side. I hope France is the exception to that rule...

I have been deep in study because I was in Charleston all weekend, and didn't study for two tests that I had today. No time for TV when grades are at stake.

I have another gripe, I love how some people out there post that the protesters have a ligament complaint, BUT they fail to post their reasons why?? I bet they didn't even read some of the post from the other side let alone all the post on this thread.

We went from 8 votes saying the protesters have a ligament reason to 10, yet no reasons why they think this way? I really do not have anything against the ones who voted that way and posted their reasons, even though I do not agree at least they are man, or lady enough to show they can explain why they think this way. As far as the others some of you just show the rest of us we are right in our thinking! That MOST (not all) people who voted and think your way have no clue, and will not listen to reason !! :ylsuper:

BTW.... Did anyone else hear about the trouble the "Human Shields" / protesters had getting to Iraq this past weekend? LOL... Several times their buses broke down from Italy on their way to Iraq, a very large number of them got sick along the way, then several of these (cough) peaceful (cough) people got in fights amongst themselves along the way? LOL .. Then they get to the Iraqi border, only to be detained by Iraqi soldiers, then told they could not enter Iraq.. LOL, something would tell me their idea is not a good one, listen to the signs, GIVE IT UP !!:ylsuper: