Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

War protesters ?

Should the protesters, or are they 56 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the protesters, or are they

    • Should they keep quiet and back the USA ?
      17%
      10
    • Are they traitors to the USA ?
      16%
      9
    • They do not understand what is going on
      44%
      25
    • They have a legitimate reason
      21%
      12

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Um, SportsGuy? I'm one of those that voted that they have a legitimate reason. I haven't joined in this fracas yet, because I've been reading for a couple of days and am still working on my formal response. I need a few more pieces of back up before I post here, because I know you guys. You'll slaughter anyone who isn't prepared! I'll get in on this soon!

  • Replies 122
  • Views 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Ok, well since your such a nice person.. you are excused :).. you are granted a few days to post your reasons :)

 

Speaking of slaughter, where is our buddy? he is back in town but no post on that last thread ? :(

Originally posted by SportsGuy41017

Ok, well since your such a nice person.. you are excused :).. you are granted a few days to post your reasons :)

 

Speaking of slaughter, where is our buddy? he is back in town but no post on that last thread ? :(

 

Yeah, I know. I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone wants to revive the topic.;)

Originally posted by SportsGuy41017

I beg to differ, Russia is not a member of NATO :)

 

Yes i agree you are 100% right one that one. I do have some information on how Russia has been trying to join up with NATO in alot of ways. Fell free to take a look.

 

 

http://www.nato.int/pfp/nato-rus.htm

  • Author

I am glad you posted that HHS_Football, I was going to forgot, I was on their email list a couple of years ago, hard thing is getting them to take you off their email list.. LOL

You keep mentioning Turkey. THEY ARE SO KEY in this whole operation. They are giving us staging space in their country, AND the boardr Iran, so after we liberate Iraq, Iran is then in a tight pinch, with american allies on both sides of them.

The biggest problem I have with the protestors is that they rally to protest the United States, but they never say anything bad about Saddam. These protestors are free to say what they want to about our Government because they live in a free society. But in Iraq they can only protest against the U.S. if they protested against Saddam they would be killed. All the signs I have seen attack Bush, and the U.S. calling them baby killers, not one of them is worried what Saddam is did to babies in Kuwait, or Kurdishs babys or Iranian babies. The people that are in these protest are being led by the nose by militant Anti-American groups that support the overthrow of the American Government. Many of these groups recieve funding from China and North Korea.

 

I am sure there are protesters with legit feelings but aligning themselves with hypocrites and traitor, and hippies that became yuppies and now want to relive the good old day and redeem themselves for the evils things they did in their corperate careers is wrong and I don't think can be justified even with the best of intentions.

 

While I imagine that most the protestors there weren't really in favor of the violent overthrow of the American Government I saddens me that these so called enlightened and educated liberal thinkers are so easily dooped into being the pawns and voice boxes for these types of groups.

 

While it is the right of any good person to have a misguided view that they are entitled to hold it seems to me to reflect on how stupid people get when massed together. Most the group is probably good hard working Democrats that just hate the current administration. But their ignorance of who the organizers of the rally they are at is borderline criminal if not completely stupid. What people like that need to do is regain credibilty by staging their own protest, ones that attack the issues they really are upset about not attacking the U.S. and calling the President names. All that does is make the mainstream hate them and ignore them even when they have something legit to contribute.

Exactly ram. These people are doing nothing but protesting Bush. They arent protesting Saddam.

 

And they call us baby killers.....:fight: The majority of the people protesting are pro choice id be willing to bet.

 

 

And you notice who organizes these major rallies across the US? Anyone want to guess?

 

Its members of the communist party, no kidding.

Before I jump in, I just want to clarify the protesters we are talking about. Are they the protesters here in the US? Or, are we talking about the European and other protesters? Or, are we talking about the Middle Eastern protesters?

Even though I disagree with the protesters, I value their right to protest. I do feel that their protesting is misguided; otherwise, they would be protesting against Saddam.

As far as the French go, the last time they needed more proof, the Germans were marching through Paris!

Originally posted by rockmom

Before I jump in, I just want to clarify the protesters we are talking about. Are they the protesters here in the US? Or, are we talking about the European and other protesters? Or, are we talking about the Middle Eastern protesters?

My comments were geared toward mostly to U.S. protesters and those U.S. and U.K. protesters that went to Iraq to pass out fliers to Iraqi civilians and soldiers that say We are with you, and burn American flags.

 

As far as the British and French protesters, I feel those protesters are dooped as well though but different groups. They are not traitors or enemies, just dooped and ignorant.

ttt

and You feel calling people stupid and misguided is the way to argue your point?

They sure seem to think so. If the protesters can say it way can't I. :lol:

 

You have a good point Sideliner. If you are trying to get others to see things your way then you should not insult them. However I am not trying to convert people to my opinion, the people I am talking about will never agree with me. Most people have already picked a dog in this fight. I am expressing my frustration and opinion of the situation, much in the same futile way they are, by taking advantage of my first amendment rights.

 

So I guess to answer your question, I am not arguing a point, there is no argument at all, I am expressing my opinion and waiting others to post their's.

I guess I was just expecting a "Moderator" to be a moderating influence.....Calling people names usually means that someone doesnt have a very plausible perspective, and need to be loud to be heard.

Civil Protest ihas ALWAYS been a part of our form of government, and when it ends..we lose DEMOCRACY. The great thing about our country, is that we can demonstrate in protest for ANY issue we do not agree with...and do it without fear of prosecution from ANY source of Government...Federal ,local or otherwise.

You have the same right to demonstrate in favor of this very unpopular cause. "GO for it"

 

Just dont call me names for disagreeing with you.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.