Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This Date in Baseball History

Featured Replies

Baseball season is gearing up and let's bring back last years thread...This Date in Baseball History.

 

Each day, let's post information relative to MLB regarding what happened in history, on each date.

 

I love the game of Baseball, especially at the amateur level but enjoy the history of all.

  • Replies 401
  • Views 50.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Feb. 23, 1979

 

Willie Mays is selected by the BBWAA as a member of the Hall of Fame.

The 'Say-Hey Kid' receives 409 of the 432 votes cast with 23 writers inexplicably leaving one of the top ball players of all time off their ballots.

Feb. 23, 1979

 

Willie Mays is selected by the BBWAA as a member of the Hall of Fame.

The 'Say-Hey Kid' receives 409 of the 432 votes cast with 23 writers inexplicably leaving one of the top ball players of all time off their ballots.

 

 

I got a question, never could figure this one out. In Major League, Wilie Mays Hayes says, I hit like Mays and run like Hayes. We all know who Mays is, but who is Hayes.

I got a question, never could figure this one out. In Major League, Wilie Mays Hayes says, I hit like Mays and run like Hayes. We all know who Mays is, but who is Hayes.

 

I always assumed Hayes was referring to Bullit Bob Hayes of the Cowboys.

I always assumed Hayes was referring to Bullit Bob Hayes of the Cowboys.

:thumb:

I always assumed Hayes was referring to Bullit Bob Hayes of the Cowboys.

 

 

who is that?

who is that?

He won the 100m dash in the 1964 Olympics and was a wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys during the 60's.

  • Author

Feb. 24th

 

1966 University of Southern California pitcher Tom Seaver is signed by the Braves. The deal will later be voided, and the USC stand-out will be selected by the Mets in a special draft.

 

1990 At the age of 45, former Red Sox fan favorite Tony Conigliaro dies of pneumonia and kidney failure. He was the youngest player in AL ever to reach the 100 home run plateau.

  • Author

March 7th

 

1955 Commissioner Ford Frick announces he favors the legalization of the spitter

Feb. 24th

 

 

1990 At the age of 45, former Red Sox fan favorite Tony Conigliaro dies of pneumonia and kidney failure. He was the youngest player in AL ever to reach the 100 home run plateau.

 

When you think of Tony C, what image comes to mind?

  • Author
When you think of Tony C, what image comes to mind?
When I first saw him get hit, I cringed and to this day I still do. One of the most devastating hit by pitches, I have ever seen.
When I first saw him get hit, I cringed and to this day I still do. One of the most devastating hit by pitches, I have ever seen.

 

What year? 67? I don't remember actually seeing it but the picture on the cover of SI from back in the day is disturbing.

  • Author
What year? 67? I don't remember actually seeing it but the picture on the cover of SI from back in the day is disturbing.
August 18: Tony Conigliaro of the Red Sox is beaned by the Angels Jack Hamilton, hit on the left cheek bone, below the eye. He will miss the rest of 1967 and all of 1968....here is photo, you mentioned.

Tony C's eye.jpg

  • Author

March 8th

 

1930 Yankee superstar Babe Ruth signs a two-year deal for $160,000 making him the highest paid player of all time.

March 8th

 

1930 Yankee superstar Babe Ruth signs a two-year deal for $160,000 making him the highest paid player of all time.

now its more like 160,000,000, thats sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.