Is Edward Snowden A Traitor?

Clyde

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He left the country because he would have probably been sitting in Guantanamo right now strung up by his toe nails. It's the only choice he had, if he had stayed in the country the outcome would not have been a pleasant one for him unfortunately. He had to leave it was his only option.

While I don't agree with you let's say for the point of discussion that what you are saying is true. If he truly had the best interests of the country at heart then he should now return to the country and face open scrutiny as well as any punishments he may receive for what he did and how he did it. With all of the media that would surround that, there's no way he would "disappear".

This?

A U.S. Army antiaircraft missile with a range of 37 miles (60 km) and a 200-pound (90 kg) warhead, launched from a tracked vehicle with radar and computer guidance and fire control.

LOL.. Closer definition for Snowden than others describe...

• 5 months later...

Anybody watch the Snowden interview that aired?

Did that change anyone's opinion? He pretty much dismantled every argument used against him.

Also came out and said he wasn't a low-level analyst but an actual spy that involved in living in other countries, pretending to work at a job that he didn't actually have, etc etc.

For those who say he should have taken a different route, such as going through the proper channels, turns out he did. NSA initially denied it, but they were forced to release documents that prove it.

He also made a very good point. If you watched the interview, you got to know a bit more about him and his background. Given that he was trained as a spy, he obviously knows how to handle classified documents when entering other countries. He claims he doesn't have nor can he access the documents. He got rid of them before he went to Russia or China.

Note: the Federal Government nor any of the agencies know what was in the 1.5 million documents that were taken.

Anybody watch the Snowden interview that aired? Did that change anyone's opinion? He pretty much dismantled every argument used against him. Also came out and said he wasn't a low-level analyst but an actual spy that involved in living in other countries' date=' pretending to work at a job that he didn't actually have, etc etc. For those who say he should have taken a different route, such as going through the proper channels, turns out he did. NSA initially denied it, but they were forced to release documents that prove it.[/quote']

What network had the interview?

What network had the interview?

NBC. Brian Williams did the interview. You'll most likely only find tidbits of it though. NBC is using copyright laws to take down on YouTube. Can't find it anywhere else.

I tend to go against my Conservative Brethren on this one...IMO If he turned ANY of this information over to anyone outside of the NSA he is a traitor.

For those that act surprised that not only did the NSA have this capability and that they were also using it, I'm shocked at your naivete.

I would also bet that if the current President was a Republican most would flop their opinion of Snowden. I'm actually shocked that Democrats are OK with what the NSA is doing and think Snowden was a traitor. Just like Republicans are now calling him a Patriot, if this had came out under the last administration Democrats who are for the most part calling Snowden a traitor, would be parading him on their shoulders through the streets for calling out the Bush Administrations Spying and declaring Snowden a Patriot!!!

Example:

2004 George W Bush President

NSA Employee leaks sensitive information

Republicans call the guy a Traitor

Democrats call the guy a Patriot for exposing NSA Spying

Jumper_Dad says he broke the law and should be arrested

2013 Barack Obama President

Democrats call the guy a Traitor

Republicans call the guy a Patriot for exposing NSA Spying

I tend to go against my Conservative Brethren on this one...IMO If he turned ANY of this information over to anyone outside of the NSA he is a traitor.

For those that act surprised that not only did the NSA have this capability and that they were also using it, I'm shocked at your naivete.

Not surprised they had the capability.

The release of this information was confirmation that the Federal Government was abusing powers that were given to them.

They went so far to protect this power that the man in charge, James Clapper, lied to a US Senator during a hearing.

Not surprised they had the capability.

The release of this information was confirmation that the Federal Government was abusing powers that were given to them.

They went so far to protect this power that the man in charge, James Clapper, lied to a US Senator during a hearing.

How come Senators and Congressmen get so upset when some one lies to THEM...:lol2:

I would also bet that if the current President was a Republican most would flop their opinion of Snowden. I'm actually shocked that Democrats are OK with what the NSA is doing and think Snowden was a traitor. Just like Republicans are now calling him a Patriot, if this had came out under the last administration Democrats who are for the most part calling Snowden a traitor, would be parading him on their shoulders through the streets for calling out the Bush Administrations Spying and declaring Snowden a Patriot!!!

Example:

2004 George W Bush President

Republicans call the guy a Traitor

Democrats call the guy a Patriot for exposing NSA Spying

2013 Barack Obama President

Democrats call the guy a Traitor

Republicans call the guy a Patriot for exposing NSA Spying

I have no problem with the government holding Snowden accountable for breaking laws - as soon as the government hold Obama, Holder, Clapper, Lois Lerner, and scores of other high level employees accountable for breaking federal laws.

Watching James Clapper and Eric Holder lie and obstruct justice with their antics during Congressional hearing and seeing them escape any consequences makes Snowden's crimes much more understandable.

Those who say that Snowden should have taken his concerns to a member of Congress instead of the media (and I am one of them) often underestimate the risk that would have required. I am not sure that any individual member of the Senate or House could have kept Snowden's information confidential even if they tried to do so.