How long is too long for football practice

OLD RAIDER

just a reminder that all the evidence in education shows that the normal attention span in school is approx. 54 minutes that's why class are 55 to 60 minutes in duration. This will fluctuate by the individual. Nothing worse than a bunch of kids standing around for long periods of time. shorter practices force the coaches to be concise and use their time wisely.

Depends on the "PROGRAM" or a "team".... My brother in Ocala, Fl. Has a little league baseball program that goes 3.5-4 hours a day three maybe four times a week until the season starts. They are number 2 in the nation. My high school football team has stopped a 2 hour practice early bc of parents, rain (no lighting), too cold or just not enough kids showed up to practice. Idk but I'm pretty sure that at the programs that are still playing are not crying and complaining and making excuses about PRACTICING IN NOVEMBER... Texas, in November, "YOU WIN OR GO PLAY BASKETBALL!!!" can't say that in Ky. Almost forgot my high school team was 1-21 the last two years, bottom of the barrel, we won 6 this year.

Do what you have to, so you can enjoy what you want to!!! "CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!"

Well, I don't know about football, but I can tell you I have some kids in basketball...and some of the older kids too, who have the attention span of a cocker spaniel puppy on meth. Some days it seems like 45 minutes is too long. That can be frustrating. But on average, early in the year 2 hours is good, later in the year 1 1/2 should be enough, maybe even hour and 15 minutes if go at it hard and everyone doing their job. I'm basing this on basketball though.