Bellevue's Lincoln Adams...RB recruited???

Qryche11

Then you guys were in school w/ super strong kids, because I never knew anyone near a 500 lb squat and I knew some very good football players. Even in college, granted it was DIII, we had maybe 10 guys squatting over 500, w/ thighs parallel to the floor and w/out a spotter doing half the work.

I definently understand where your coming from here. Thats what I usually think about when I hear all these huge high school lifting numbers. A lot of these numbers would make these high school kids stronger than a lot of college kids.

Do you not think that Linc could do this?

Very doubtful! Before Eckstein the weight program was not very good. I would just really like to see it. When I first started coaching all of our kids could squat 400 pounds. Then I introduced the parallel box they had to touch for the lift to count. That number became 315 or less. I just find it very hard to believe that he can truly squat that amount.

He is a very talented football player and I have never seen a college scout care or even ask about how much a kid can squat. I have also never seen a squat rack on the football field Friday nights. The kid can play!

Heard the same thing as well. Also heard that there were some issues with BHS guidance counselors not being very clear with him on some things as far as requirements, etc. Doesn't surprise me much being a former grad. You cannot teach speed and this kid has it. Also heard he has lost some weight since football season so that is a little concerning but college coaches will find a wieght program for him and 2 yrs of Juco may do him well.

From what I hear Lincoln is planning to attend a junior college in Minnesota. He also has some offers from several NAIA schools. As far as problems with BHS guidance counselors, that is TOTALLY off base. The current administration, guidance counselor included, has worked hard to properly prepare ALL the students for success after high school. From what I have seen and heard they go the extra mile for the students of Bellevue High School, Lincoln included.

All of the blame does not rest on the guidance counselor. Don't you think that if you had an athlete with this much talent and speed that you would sit him down and explain that athletic ability alone does not get a scholarship? That as a coach it is part of your responsibility to outline what is required to play at the next level. Lincoln was not told of the requirements until the fall of his junior year by one of his coaches. But Lincoln has worked hard on the field and in the classroom and I am thrilled to hear that he will get an opportunity to play college ball.

the problem with stating a max. squat is just what everyone has said. there are about 10 different levels that people go to. I can remember at our school there were two boxes one for the tall kids and one for the short ones. Even then there are still the kids in the middle, which box do they use? The only time you can honestly know if a number is legit is when it is taken from a combine. No offense to Lincoln, but at a combine where players are forced to go parallel to the ground it is very unlikely he will do 400+.

Even if the numbers that I posted earlier "sound" inflated to all the weight lifting expers out there, remember this: Lincoln is more of a speed back than a power back. Don't be to judgemental about his strength. He can get you a tough yard or two if you need it. He is not a 220lb. north-south back. He is a 180lb. track man.

ohh get me by no means, the college I'm attending right now has roughly 5-10 players squatting 500+ at the NAIA level and the one particular year of high school was one of the strongest in school history but a 405 parallel squat is a great squat for someone his size, but its not something thats just unbelievable, I've never seen the kid play but I would be willing to say he can squat that much, in reference to my college(Cumberland) there are several running backs squatting 405 their freshmen year.