Bellevue's Lincoln Adams...RB recruited???

Qryche11

Anyone know anythign about this kid? I saw him play a couple times this past year... he can fly period.... runs a 10.9 100 yd dash....

I haven't heard anything. I would not be surprised to see him go the JUCO route.

I guess the other question would be does he want to play college football?

Lincoln is a great kid. His grades may keep him out of a bigger school but he definitely has the talent. He has been working very hard this last year and a half in academics and athletics. Best of luck to him. Looking forward to seeing him at the state track meet this year.

Heard the same thing as well. Also heard that there were some issues with BHS guidance counselors not being very clear with him on some things as far as requirements, etc. Doesn't surprise me much being a former grad. You cannot teach speed and this kid has it. Also heard he has lost some weight since football season so that is a little concerning but college coaches will find a wieght program for him and 2 yrs of Juco may do him well.

He may not be SEC or BIG TEN size, but plenty big enough for D-II or some JUCO. Besides being fast, Lincoln is one of the toughest kids I know. Unlike some "speed" backs, who don't like to get hit repeatedly, he can take a pounding. As long as he decides to take care of academics, he can have a decent college career.

• 2 weeks later...
I know Linc and his max numbers look like this: bench=270 and squat=405

That seems a little light. A good start but he will have to get stronger. When I played at BHS, my backfield was doing this.

TB- Hoop-- bench 300+lb squat 450lb

WB Leopold bench 300+lb squat 475lb

FB Leicht bench 350lb squat over 500lb

That seems a little light. A good start but he will have to get stronger. When I played at BHS, my backfield was doing this.

TB- Hoop-- bench 300+lb squat 450lb

WB Leopold bench 300+lb squat 475lb

FB Leicht bench 350lb squat over 500lb

For a senior TB, that isn't that bad. He'll get stronger, much stronger. I could only bench 265 as a senior as a TE, I got stronger in college and wound up above average. In all fairness, there's no way your guys squatted that much weight in high school with good form.

Actually with great form and some good leg strength and commitment to work, squatting 450-500 in HS isnot only capable but happens on many teams. In HS we had several players squatting well over 450 including a running back squatting 500 (great genetics, dad played in NFL) and a lineman hitting the 550 range. Its actually ALL about proper form.:thumb:

Then you guys were in school w/ super strong kids, because I never knew anyone near a 500 lb squat and I knew some very good football players. Even in college, granted it was DIII, we had maybe 10 guys squatting over 500, w/ thighs parallel to the floor and w/out a spotter doing half the work.