Browns 17 Bengals 6

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ignorant to think his arm is good enough. It isn't.

Dalton may not have an arm like Jamarcus Russell... err... Dan Marino, but that is not the biggest reason for his struggles, imo. Maybe he just isn't cerebral enough to play the position and anticipate throws? Generally guys that can make it to the NFL have capable arm strength. Kind of like pitchers in the MLB do not get to the majors and then it is discovered they can't throw the ball hard enough.

I only listened to the game yesterday, but based on what I saw at the Packer game, I didn't see Green getting any separation on the post routes. Did he do it yesterday?

Though I think the problems with the offense are more than just this, I get the feeling that AJ is not really 100%, yet. Anybody else feeling the same?

I may be mistaken but I believe I heard that the Browns have won 3 of the last 4 against the Bengals? Or maybe 3 of the last 4 in Cleveland against the Bengals..

Either way it shouldn't come as a surprise the the Browns play the Bengals really close. It's a divisional game and a rivalry.

Some of you all complain about how bad this team is but when the Browns beat them you all make it seem like they're unbeatable and shouldn't have lost.....Which is it good or bad?

Dalton may not have an arm like Jamarcus Russell... err... Dan Marino, but that is not the biggest reason for his struggles, imo. Maybe he just isn't cerebral enough to play the position and anticipate throws? Generally guys that can make it to the NFL have capable arm strength. Kind of like pitchers in the MLB do not get to the majors and then it is discovered they can't throw the ball hard enough.

He has an ok enough arm if everything is perfect. He is lousy if anything isn't perfect. He's going to have some above average games b/c he has fantastic weapons and sometimes he can make some throws, but even when he plays well he doesn't make all of the throws necessary to be ultra successful. It's why he fell to them in the draft and I've been saying it since then. If he had a huge arm he wouldn't have gone where he did. He had a great winning and completion percentage coming out of college that was all the rage then b/c of Parcells going on TV and talking about what makes a successful NFL QB. He's ok, but not good enough to overcome other ineptness specifically from their head coach and offensive coordinator who cost them the Bears game.

Again, it was pathetic yesterday, but it was only one game. No excuses for Dalton in this one. He just did not throw it well. He is still inconsistent. I am not ready to give up on him or the Bengals. It is still a long season. It is easy to be negative, as I was yesterday, but let's play it out.

Again, it was pathetic yesterday, but it was only one game. No excuses for Dalton in this one. He just did not throw it well. He is still inconsistent. I am not ready to give up on him or the Bengals. It is still a long season. It is easy to be negative, as I was yesterday, but let's play it out.

It was only one game. The Bengals could run the tables and finish 14-2.

It is very possible because there really is only 1 Great team out there and that is the Broncos as of now.

But after 4 games, this team does not look real good. Steelers who may be the worst team in the league or Jax but the Steelers were in the game the whole time which shouldn't of happened. The Browns should not of ever had the lead and they even missed 2 FG's and the Bears are not all that great folks, losing to them is nothing to be happy about.

The Bengals could run the tables, but as of right now they don't look like a top 15 team.

It was only one game. The Bengals could run the tables and finish 14-2.

It is very possible because there really is only 1 Great team out there and that is the Broncos as of now.

But after 4 games, this team does not look real good. Steelers who may be the worst team in the league or Jax but the Steelers were in the game the whole time which shouldn't of happened. The Browns should not of ever had the lead and they even missed 2 FG's and the Bears are not all that great folks, losing to them is nothing to be happy about.

The Bengals could run the tables, but as of right now they don't look like a top 15 team.

They are .500 right now and that may be where they end up. I really have no clue, they have no identity at all. I'd like them to establish one. The Browns had two 90 play drives, plus a 10 play and 8 play drive. 3rd down on both sides of the ball was the story yesterday.

Actually no I haven't realized you've been more right about this team than anyone else.

The last time I was wrong about what I thought this team would do was in 2011 whenn I didn't see them winning that many games, but I did predict a first round loss that year.

I also predicted a 1st round loss last year and if I remember correctly you thought they would go further. So since I wasnt here in 2011 I'm guessing since you said you were right about them then, that you also predicted them losing in the first roundd of the playoffs?

Btw, you saying this is the most talented team since their SB is something else you've been wrong about.

Try again man. Your memory has betrayed you again, because you will not find one post of mine last year that said I believe the Bengals will win in the first round. I made no such prediction anyway. What you would find is me saying that once a team gets in a playoffs anything can happen. Which was the whole debate on how you kept making up stuff by saying I said they were great, and yet I never did. So your mind has betrayed you there. One of these days you will get your info straight.

As for the most talented team since the SB, I still have yet to see really anyone agree with you that the 2005 team is more talented. So I can't be wrong, when its just your opinion, which you need to learn your opinions are definitely far from facts even though you would like it to be haha. :D

Its obvious we both stand firm in our opinions, so it would probably be best to agree to disagree on this.

They are .500 right now and that may be where they end up. I really have no clue, they have no identity at all. I'd like them to establish one. The Browns had two 90 play drives, plus a 10 play and 8 play drive. 3rd down on both sides of the ball was the story yesterday.

The thing that gets me upset and makes me want to toss Gruden off the suspension bridge is this; We have 2 great options at TE, yet it's every team we play that uses their TE's so much more and much better than ours and it drives me nuts. there is no reason our TE's shouldn't have close to 10 receptions a game.

The thing that gets me upset and makes me want to toss Gruden off the suspension bridge is this; We have 2 great options at TE, yet it's every team we play that uses their TE's so much more and much better than ours and it drives me nuts. there is no reason our TE's shouldn't have close to 10 receptions a game.

The real issue with that is they need one of them to block. The O-line isn't moving people in teh running game, nor giving Dalton a lot of time at times. I agree they need to find a way. 3 step drops might work, but Dalton's height is an issue with that. I still think they force it to Green too much. When Bernard is in the game blitz protection is a poroblem, also. They just have to run the ball better, Dalton cannot do this alone, that is pretty evident, but they don't seem to be helping him as much as they can. Granted he can't miss wide open receivers like the bomb to Sanu last Sunday.