KHSAA finals vs UofL/UConn game

rock86

Then ALL state championships should be rotated PERIOD

FWIW the gate at football and boys basketball pay for all the other tournaments that the KHSAA hosts so if either goes bust all others suffer.

OK.

Now whats the arguement. Whereas I believe that Louisville is a centrally located part of the state. This is not the state of Louisville. They should not have a monopoly just for monetary puroses. Move it around.

Personally, I could care less where the bball tournaments are played.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity has won several games that I can think of in your neck of the state and always seemed to have pretty good crowds. :ylsuper:

Whether they would win isn't the point. Why should one city have a monopoly on a sports championship game is. Let 'em win if they can, just move the venue so that the entire state can share the same advantage. Why is turf only important in championship games. If thats they case, all games should be played on turf.

I think it should be done this way. And although I'm sure that someone is going to cry about attendance lets say this., if the event is in your backyard and two local teams are playing, how many more people will come to see those teams? How much of an advantage do you hold playing in your own backyard? Why don't you have to travel and the rest of the state does? Lastly, I could give a rats but what the gate is. This is high school amatuer athletics, not the NFL. No body is going to loose their franchise because of low attendance. It should be rotated. Period.

Don't Louisville teams have to travel in every other sport???

Basketball

Baseball

Track and Field

Cross Country

Wrestling

Soccer

Can the largest school district in the state please keep one title?

Louisville sold out every home game this past year.

Just b/c the Army and Kroger eat up the extra's the seats are rarely full at any given time of any game. I have only missed one game since building PJ and they are rarely full, This year they will be as the schedule is good.

It just hit me, there is another thread going around where all the T and X guys are arguing over who is has the best traveling fans. I say prove it. Travel outside of Louisvile. :D

We did travel out in the state to play Bowling Green, Lexington Catholic, John Hardin, and Warren County last year and won all of them. I also think you could ask any of them about what a great following we brought also...their coffers were filled and their AD's were grinning. :D :ylsuper: :D

There are no red chairbacks so it would actually look as empty as it is. They would not stand for that. They had to be the only top 20 team last year that does not fill their seats.

Get Commonwealth some chair back seating and turf and then we can talk. Same goes for Rupp as far as seating goes. At least U of L provides a chair to every fan that purchases a ticket.

As far as profit goes, the KHSAA is the one who wins in this situation which helps maintain lower membership fees to the schools at large.