KHSAA finals vs UofL/UConn game

rock86

The conflict has come up with Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. I am surprised the KHSAA doesn't have a long term agreement in place for the "finals" weekend. Play one Friday and three on Sunday? Move to Dec 9? Move to a smaller venue with artificial turf?

What do you feel the best solution would be?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The conflict has come up with Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. I am surprised the KHSAA doesn't have a long term agreement in place for the "finals" weekend. Play one Friday and three on Sunday? Move to Dec 9? Move to a smaller venue with artificial turf?

What do you feel the best solution would be?

Move them all to Commonwealth. I think it should alternate anyway.

No...not until the Sweet Sixteen alternates.

It did and it did not sell out, whose fault is that. I had tickets that year and it was not full very often until the finals. Commonwealth deserves it and it it is just a centally located, close enough.

It did and it did not sell out, whose fault is that. I had tickets that year and it was not full very often until the finals. Commonwealth deserves it and it it is just a centally located, close enough.

Why does Commonwealth deserve the football finals any more than PJCS?

The revenues generated @ PJCS seem to be satisfactory to those in charge.

I don't know whose fault the Sweet Sixteen didn't sell out in Louisville is. Do you?

How about 1 game on Thursday 30th and 3 on Friday 1st?

Moving the games to the 8th and 9th would be interesting giving the teams an off week in between, lots of things can happen in a two week layoff, some good... some maybe not so good.

Or, why not one game on Sunday? Maybe the 4A final?

Or, why not one game on Sunday? Maybe the 4A final?

In know what you are saying rockmom, but I am looking at a four-day weekend vs. a two day weekend ;);) :ylsuper:

Plus I like to get home so I can be with my family on Sunday before going back to work.

Those are my selfish reasons..........

In know what you are saying rockmom, but I am looking at a four-day weekend vs. a two day weekend ;);) :ylsuper:

Plus I like to get home so I can be with my family on Sunday before going back to work.

Those are my selfish reasons..........

I hear ya! :lol:

Personally, I always feel kind of let down on Sunday, when I realize there's no more HS football. :cry:

Why does Commonwealth deserve the football finals any more than PJCS?

The revenues generated @ PJCS seem to be satisfactory to those in charge.

I don't know whose fault the Sweet Sixteen didn't sell out in Louisville is. Do you?

If UL has a game that day then something has to be done, they won't postpone another week into the b-ball season. I guess the people in the ville did not go to the sweet 16 or people out in the state did not want to come, who knows.

The finals should be kept at PJCS...like Rockmom said they don't alternate b-ball so why do it for football.

They will work out an arrangement if there is a conflict with a UofL game. I find it hard to believe that PJCS would risk losing revenue generated for the state games.

I did not like the set up of this year's game. Three games in one day is to many especially in December. What the answer is...I am not sure!!

Commonwealth is not an option IMO. No way the field would hold up to 4 games in 2 days. PJCS is a great place to have the games. The field turf is awesome and every game gets the same conditions, perfect. Which is what the championship game deserves to have. The same way the sweet sixteen deserves to be played in Rupp.

I think they either need to play 1 on Friday and 3 on Sunday or move it to the following weekend.