Highlands 62 Bryan Station 44

Birdsfan

It was a poor effort IMO by the Defenders tonight. No team should paste 55 on you midway through the 2nd qtr. I still say they were sending a message with this game.....Mission accomplished. Anyone want to comment on that defensive secondary?

Please stop. Looks like there was 44 points of EFFORT tonight. Tell the kid that had the 79 yard TD reception for BS that it wasn't enough effort!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome 5 Star !!! Nothing like a first post calling out the Deer Slayer !!! Love it.

I agree... the effort was there tonight. They didnt quit but their defense was somewhat demoralized in the 1st half. That performance would make most HS kids flustered.

I am pretty sure it was 62-44. Bryan Station completed the 2 pt conversion on their last TD.

Unbelievable offensive performance by the Birds tonight. Houliston was on target as usual and Zach Harris is making a statement his Sr year. He runs harder and is more powerful than any back I have seen wear the Blue and White since Jared Frisk. They scored at will in the first half putting up double nickels on the Defenders.

I was also impressed with the play of the skilled position players for Bryan Station. Bo Johnson is one heckuva a QB and they had a couple of receivers who could catch and run.

The game was over in the 1st qtr and some say Dale called off the dogs too early starting the 2nd string in 2nd half but what are you going to do when you have a running clock.

The 2nd team Defense clearly had no answers for the Bryan Station offense. Dale brought in the 1st team and threw the bomb to basically say....." I can do this all night long...just so you know" LOL

Game was never in doubt. A lot of offense and fun to watch.

Alex Veneman made a great catch on that last TD.

Was Nick True hurt and out of this game?

You mean JUSTIN FRISK .:thumb:

Spent much of the first half, tonight, looking over the heads of Jeff Ruby and his companions, Bengals WR Mohamed Sanu and (I think) DE Wallace Gilberry. That was very cool. The guys even took the time to get their picture taken with my cousin's little girl. Apparently, she just went up to Mohamed Sanu and said, "Hey, are you a Bengal?" :cool:

Sometime after the half, they disappeared and reappeared on the other side of the field. Hope it wasn't something we said. :o

The two balls that DBob dropped in the basket on the fade routes in the North endzone were a thing of beauty.

Incredible catches to boot but both times the reaction of the BS db was priceless...

DBob is the real deal and his numbers just might have something to say about who is going to get Mr Football this yr...Just sayin

Wow!!! Has any HS team in KY ever put 3 different QBs on the 1st Team All State list for 3 straight yrs???? With these performances it just could happen this yr. Kid is crazy good:thumb:

It was a poor effort IMO by the Defenders tonight. No team should paste 55 on you midway through the 2nd qtr. I still say they were sending a message with this game.....Mission accomplished. Anyone want to comment on that defensive secondary?
ha

I think if you give DBob that much time lookout. He will pick you apart and with the amount of talented receivers it is just been "not right" for anybody so far this yr.

Send the pressure and Harris will punish you...Pick your poison:thumb:

A lot of it was shuffle passes and screens...lol

This was going to be a big part of the game plan with the way BS would try to use the DL speed to get up field to pressure Drew. Watching the game, I thought the yardage was a bigger part of Drew's total.

Screens - 48 yards and 1 TD

Shovel - 63 yards and 1 TD

This was going to be a big part of the game plan with the way BS would try to use the DL speed to get up field to pressure Drew. Watching the game, I thought the yardage was a bigger part of Drew's total.

Screens - 48 yards and 1 TD

Shovel - 63 yards and 1 TD

Wow that's it?? I would of guessed a lot more..

Spent much of the first half, tonight, looking over the heads of Jeff Ruby and his companions, Bengals WR Mohamed Sanu and (I think) DE Wallace Gilberry. That was very cool. The guys even took the time to get their picture taken with my cousin's little girl. Apparently, she just went up to Mohamed Sanu and said, "Hey, are you a Bengal?" :cool:

Sometime after the half, they disappeared and reappeared on the other side of the field. Hope it wasn't something we said. :o

Sanu tweeted during the game how good Highlands is at football.