Marshall Mathers Releases New Tune

Clyde

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His first two albums were GREAT. Since then, not so much...

Slim Shady LP was one of the best rap albums ever......

I agree that the next two follow ups were pretty good as well (Marshall Mathers LP and can't think of the other).

I have always been a rap fan. Since it's origination. And GT is correct, his first two releases were awesome.

I recall a comedian who's name slips me now who said a few years back "who'd have ever thought the greatest golfer would be black and the greatest rapper would be white?"

Charles Barkley said something to that effect at All-Star weekend one time. This was while Yao was in the NBA.

He said something like..... crazy world we live in now, who could have guessed? The best golfers black, the best rappers white, the tallest player in the NBA is Chineese, and Germany isn't trying to fight everybody.......

Guest Birdflu
I have always been a rap fan. Since it's origination. And GT is correct, his first two releases were awesome.

I recall a comedian who's name slips me now who said a few years back "who'd have ever thought the greatest golfer would be black and the greatest rapper would be white?"

I never saw any value in rap. I just figured that it was something someone did when they couldn't sing.

I never saw any value in rap. I just figured that it was something someone did when they couldn't sing.

That's what many believe. However, it takes quite a bit of talent to be a good rapper. It's A LOT harder than you think. I mean just try to start freestyle rapping right off the top of your head right now, trust me it's harder than you think.

I believe it is a form of art, much like other forms of music some people may or may not like. It's all about opinion anyway, but thats just music in general. The people who do not like it or do not give it a chance are going to be the same one that says it doesn't take any talent to do it.

No, that's bluegrass.

And for the record, the Squire sample is the highlight of the track for me. Not a fan of this one.

Guest Birdflu
That's what many believe. However, it takes quite a bit of talent to be a good rapper. It's A LOT harder than you think. I mean just try to start freestyle rapping right off the top of your head right now, trust me it's harder than you think.

I believe it is a form of art, much like other forms of music some people may or may not like. It's all about opinion anyway, but thats just music in general. The people who do not like it or do not give it a chance are going to be the same one that says it doesn't take any talent to do it.

I don't doubt that it takes some sort of skill to rap. I found the fortitude to listen to the whole song. Seriously, was that in English? Every rap song I have ever heard, and I will admit that it's not many, has been profane and vile, showing little respect for anyone. I just don't know why we would want our younger generation listening to it. We need them to speak better English and have better social values, not worse.