Deming High School has caught on fire

D-Rob

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were they going to do to the school since they moved to another school?

It was going to be demolished. The fire probably saved the school system money.

According to WKYT they were going to tear it down and make a green space or park. The plan for the park was to have the old "Deming School" sign from above the door at the park entrance. Now that's gone, which is kind of sad.

Deming.jpg

Deming High School downed by fire

“It is hard to imagine how or why this would happen,” Brown said. “There was no source of ignition, no electric or utilities, and no storm. It is hard to understand if this was on purpose.”

Firefighters remained on the scene until after 6 a.m., and expected to return for hot spots, Burden said.

Members of the community rallied to assist during the fire, arriving with case after case of drinking water for the firefighters.

Edited by Randy Parker

I don't see why people are sad and all, memories or no memories, the school was going to be torn down. From the above photo it looks like the enterance is still usuable, as one said it may be used as an enterance to a park. I am guessing everything of value was out of it and transfered to the new school already? I am sure after the fire dept got there they treated it as a controlled burn, letting the school burn, and just made sure the surrounding buildings and such didn't catch fire.

I don't see why people are sad and all, memories or no memories, the school was going to be torn down. From the above photo it looks like the enterance is still usuable, as one said it may be used as an enterance to a park. I am guessing everything of value was out of it and transfered to the new school already? I am sure after the fire dept got there they treated it as a controlled burn, letting the school burn, and just made sure the surrounding buildings and such didn't catch fire.

This school was the community.It was more than a building to those people.

This school was the community.It was more than a building to those people.
Yes, I understand, BUT it wasn't like the school was going to be there much longer anyway. It was going no matter what in a short period of time. Now, if the school was not going to be torn down and used as anything, then I would see it differently.

A few years ago we had a house that was in the family for generations, the house was about 100 years old. We decided to sell it and they buyer was going to have it torn down, since it was going to be torn down it wouldn't bother me if it was torn down or lit on fire, the house was going to be gone no matter what, my emotions would be the same either way.