Nerlens Noel Falls to 6th!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not buying the entourage as a reason Noel dropped. The fact is, Noel is a risky pick. All the issues that have been pointed out by others - knee (obviously), thin body, no offensive game, terrible at the foul line - all those would give me great pause if I were sitting at the top of the draft. I will be interested in seeing how his body handles the rigors of the NBA.

I see Noel as a Noah or a Dennis Rodman type player - defense, rebounding, garbage points. Is that the #1 pick in the draft?

In this draft yes it is. He's the safest pick in TE draft IMO. Doesn't have a real high ceiling but with the way NBA defenses are structured he could be a huge cog in a contenders system.

Would not be shocked if what BigV heard about "lack of good judgment" was part of this. Showing off the "Kentucky 3" inside his jacket after dropping so far might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Unlike BigV, I did hear firsthand accounts of bad conduct while at UK and can only hope that he matures and makes better choices as he grows up. All these guys are "godded up" too much for their age and maturity, but that is the system from grade school to AAU to 1 yr. of college to the pros.

Just thought you should really know about Nerlens character and what a great young man he is. This is from KSR.

nerlens-noel-photo-500x500.jpg

NBA teams may have had concerns about Nerlens’ knee, but they shouldn’t have had any concerns about his character. Throughout his short career at UK, Nerlens proved time and time again that while he may be a great talent on the court, he’s an even greater person off of it. Today’s example shows us why.

Back in November when Kentucky played Maryland in the Barclays Classic in Brooklyn, Robin Liberatore held up a sign that said that although she and her husband had lost their home to Hurricane Sandy, it “wouldn’t dare touch” their UK tickets. Nerlens apparently remembered that poster, and while he was in New York City for the draft last week, took Robin and her husband, Keith out for dinner at Tre Dici. Robin tweeted the picture above afterwards.

You’re getting a good one, Philly.

BOIEdgbCIAA0E_U-500x503.jpg

Ready for your SECOND Nerlens Noel good deed of the day? Apparently Nerlens took food to some homeless people sleeping outside of a church last night in New York City.

That guy…keep making us proud, Nerlens.

Kentucky Sports Radio

Just thought you should really know about Nerlens character and what a great young man he is. This is from KSR.

nerlens-noel-photo-500x500.jpg

NBA teams may have had concerns about Nerlens’ knee, but they shouldn’t have had any concerns about his character. Throughout his short career at UK, Nerlens proved time and time again that while he may be a great talent on the court, he’s an even greater person off of it. Today’s example shows us why.

Back in November when Kentucky played Maryland in the Barclays Classic in Brooklyn, Robin Liberatore held up a sign that said that although she and her husband had lost their home to Hurricane Sandy, it “wouldn’t dare touch” their UK tickets. Nerlens apparently remembered that poster, and while he was in New York City for the draft last week, took Robin and her husband, Keith out for dinner at Tre Dici. Robin tweeted the picture above afterwards.

You’re getting a good one, Philly.

BOIEdgbCIAA0E_U-500x503.jpg

Ready for your SECOND Nerlens Noel good deed of the day? Apparently Nerlens took food to some homeless people sleeping outside of a church last night in New York City.

That guy…keep making us proud, Nerlens.

Kentucky Sports Radio

I think with Noel's family heritage coming over from Haiti he has been made well aware of the opportunity he has been given to help others.

From what I've heard is that Nerlens was kind of standoffish with other students at UK. He didn't like people going out of their way to talk to him if he didn't want to be talked to. All minuscule stuff really. A college kid who doesn't want to be bothered by fans /students constantly.

From what I've heard is that Nerlens was kind of standoffish with other students at UK. He didn't like people going out of their way to talk to him if he didn't want to be talked to. All minuscule stuff really. A college kid who doesn't want to be bothered by fans /students constantly.

How would that be different from other college players. A lot of the guys Cal has brought in love the attention and fans, but how many are that way all the time on their way to class. He was going to class or to practice, I'm sure it gets old. I'll bet even people like Tim Tebow or other really good guys were standoffish from time to time on campus. They're there to be students too.