Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Wiltjer leaving Kentucky

Featured Replies

With as much as he talks about player's first, there is no way he could flop on that with Wiltjer. He should give a call to Florida's women's coach.

 

I would say he also already knows where Wiltjer is headed so Cal took a preemptive public strike.

  • Replies 129
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What number is Aaron Harrison?

 

 

.. #2

.. #2

 

 

Okay. If Aaron is #2 then that means Andrew is #5. Andrew sucks.

They'll be fine from distance....The one Harrison twin is a sharpshooter.

 

Along with Young.

Wiltjer is so slow he just learned Wiggins isn't coming to Lexington

It just depends if he wants to play more or just be a role player and play about what Hood played this year if that. If he wants to do that then Cal will keep him. But I don't see him playing more that 5 to 7 minutes a game unless its a blowout. This is what I posted on the Wiltjer leaving thread back in March. Maybe he finally came to this same realization.

Mar 9, 13, 01:47 PM #45

16thBBall Fan

16thBBall Fan is online now

All State

 

Join Date

Dec 08

Posts

2,042

 

This may not be very nice but I would like to see Wiltjer transfer after this season. One he wont play very much at all next year plus if he leaves it would free up another scholarship which I am sure we could get someone who would help us more than we are getting out of Wiltjer!

 

I also said this during the Cats win last March over Florida. I am happy if this plays out.

Kyle Wiltjer Transfer, Not a Done Deal?

By Nation of Blue on July 1, 2013

 

Kyle Wiltjer might have written his “thank you BBN” letter, but is he really going to transfer? Greg Wiltjer, Kyle’s dad, said the transfer is not a done deal. Kyle is still a Wildcat and loves being one, according to Greg, although his status is still up in the air. He might redshirt at Kentucky as well.

 

Kyle’s dilemma is making the decision – playing at Kentucky next season, redshirting at Kentucky or transferring.

I personally think he's gone but I guess you never know.

He needs to stay at UK and red shirt. He's an offensive talent. His body hasn't matured yet. I'm not saying that he'll be anywhere near Shepard, I'm using this as an example. Shepard was a bit player for the '96 team. He was good, but about # 10 on the team in terms of talent. He was very athletic. He took the year off and turned into one of the most clutch players in UK's history during 97-98. Wiltjer is skilled, and has the size. If his body cooperates over that red shirt year, he has two years where he could be invaluable in terms of experience and ability to stretch out interior defenses.

Does anyone think Cal talked to Wiltjer about red-shirting and that has prompted his decision to leave?

How would red shirting really benefit him at UK? Does Cal not intend on continuing to pull in top recruiting classes? So he sits out next year, Cal brings in another #1 class, Wiltjer still rides the pine... I don't see the benefit of a red shirt at all.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.