Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Wiltjer leaving Kentucky

Featured Replies

So Harrelson wouldn't have made the league if he'd played for anybody but Cal? I'm not buying that...

 

Uh, did you not see him play before Cal? He was in way over his head. He was terrible.

  • Replies 129
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Harrelson wouldn't have made the league if he'd played for anybody but Cal? I'm not buying that...

 

Until that last season he was headed for the local Y to be a youth director...could other coaches have got more out of him? Maybe, But this is a kid that absolutely NO ONE thought had an NBA future including him going into his senior season. So the fact that he has had a job in the NBA you got to give credit to someone, if Harrelson had that drive in him why didn't he show it until Cal called him out and started pushing him harder everyday?

 

Look I know no one is going to convince you, your not a fan and are never going to be...unless Cal ends up at UL someday.

So Harrelson wouldn't have made the league if he'd played for anybody but Cal? I'm not buying that...

 

You do realize Harrellson was a Western Illinois commit that had to go JUCO? He was not some kind of can't miss talent.

 

Some coaches are able to bring out untapped talents with guys. That is not hard to imagine. It is why a lot of the top level coaches get to where they are... not just because they are great recruiters. But these same coaches and there tactics do not always work. See Rodrick Rhodes under Pitino, or Ryan Harrow under Calipari.

What about Darius did Cal get him into the Bogans hang around the league mold?

Look I know no one is going to convince you, your not a fan and are never going to be...unless Cal ends up at UL someday.

 

I just think it's extremely silly to think Cal is the ONLY person who could have pulled that effort out of Harrelson. Nothing more, nothing less.

So Harrelson wouldn't have made the league if he'd played for anybody but Cal? I'm not buying that...

 

We'll never know. Why do you want to ignore the fact that he (and others) became a better player under Cal?

 

Instead of going back and forth on this and that, tell us who your favorite team is and where you are coming from in your views of UK and Calipari?

 

So Harrelson wouldn't have made the league if he'd played for anybody but Cal? I'm not buying that...

 

I love Harrelson's story bc it's a bit of a Cinderella story. I'd love to hear him say that he makes the league if BCG is his last coach before the draft. I don't think he would say that.

PPat is in the league and staying in the league because of Cal.

I just think it's extremely silly to think Cal is the ONLY person who could have pulled that effort out of Harrelson. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

I never said he was the ONLY one! He just was the one to make it happen.

We'll never know. Why do you want to ignore the fact that he (and others) became a better player under Cal?

 

Instead of going back and forth on this and that, tell us who your favorite team is and where you are coming from in your views of UK and Calipari?

 

His Avatar says it all. Next....

You don't just wake up and decide you wanna shoot 40% from 3.

 

Speak for yourself...

His Avatar says it all. Next....

 

Nice contribution. :lol2:

I never said he was the ONLY one! He just was the one to make it happen.

 

That wasn't necessarily directed at you, just Cal worshipers in general.

We'll never know. Why do you want to ignore the fact that he (and others) became a better player under Cal?

 

Instead of going back and forth on this and that, tell us who your favorite team is and where you are coming from in your views of UK and Calipari?

 

I'm not ignoring anything. There's been three or four names thrown out that he supposedly developed so much they got to the NBA. There are some folks that seem to think (based on their analysis of Cal) he's the only person that could have done so. Yes, he was the coach they played for at UK, and "got them to the NBA." My point is still simply that I don't think Cal is the world class player development specialist some make him out to be. Apparently it's a crime to think that's the case.

 

I'm assuming UK's lack of success this season had nothing to do with Cal's developmental skills? After all, he did say some of them were un-coachable.

I love Harrelson's story bc it's a bit of a Cinderella story. I'd love to hear him say that he makes the league if BCG is his last coach before the draft. I don't think he would say that.

 

BCG did nothing good for UK except get fired.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.