Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyle Wiltjer leaving Kentucky

Featured Replies

How would red shirting really benefit him at UK? Does Cal not intend on continuing to pull in top recruiting classes? So he sits out next year' date=' Cal brings in another #1 class, Wiltjer still rides the pine... I don't see the benefit of a red shirt at all.[/quote']

 

Cal will have a top 5 class but prob not #1 next year. He needs to redshirt to develop somewhat of an NBA body. 2-3 years from now Kyle could have a Padgett run to a few million dollars.

  • Replies 129
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cal will have a top 5 class but prob not #1 next year. He needs to redshirt to develop somewhat of an NBA body. 2-3 years from now Kyle could have a Padgett run to a few million dollars.

 

I understand developing his body and game, but doesn't he have to sit out a year anyway if he transfers? Unless he is just dead set on playing at UK, why not transfer, have that year of development and be at a program where he can actually get significant minutes?

I understand developing his body and game, but doesn't he have to sit out a year anyway if he transfers? Unless he is just dead set on playing at UK, why not transfer, have that year of development and be at a program where he can actually get significant minutes?

 

He would have to sit, but I would put Cal's ability to develop players against anyone's. What he lacks in X's and O's, he more than makes up for in player relationships and development.

He would have to sit, but I would put Cal's ability to develop players against anyone's. What he lacks in X's and O's, he more than makes up for in player relationships and development.

 

Who has been significantly better after leaving Cal's program? Honest question...

Who has been significantly better after leaving Cal's program? Honest question...

 

Harrleson

Liggins

Teague

 

There are others but those 3 stick out the most

Who has been significantly better after leaving Cal's program? Honest question...

 

Who hasn't become better after being in Cal's program?

 

I don't see Gonzaga as a good fit for Wiltjer. Their style of play is fast and athletic.

 

Here is the ultimate question for Wiltjer - what is your basketball goal?

 

1. NBA? - If yes, stay at UK, redshirt, keep working and learning and you will have your best shot at an NBA career.

 

2. Most playing time in college? - Transfer.

I understand developing his body and game, but doesn't he have to sit out a year anyway if he transfers? Unless he is just dead set on playing at UK, why not transfer, have that year of development and be at a program where he can actually get significant minutes?

 

What school has better facilities and more power to prepare you for the league (mentally & physically) than Kentucky?

Harrleson - All about hard work. Guy busts his rear night in and night out. Don't really think that had much to do with Cal.

Liggins - Didn't see a significant difference in him. JMO.

Teague - Had a nice tournament, but same as above.

 

There are others but those 3 stick out the most

 

My point basically is that Cal recruits the best talent in the country, and I don't think his developmental skills are nearly as good as they are portrayed to be. I am of the opinion that if his past few recruiting classes had gone to other schools, they would have had similar/equal college seasons, and similar draft results. I think Wiltjer could be much better suited transferring. JMO, of course.

What school has better facilities and more power to prepare you for the league (mentally & physically) than Kentucky?

 

Duke

North Carolina

Syracuse

Louisville

Ohio State

 

Just a random list off the top of my head of schools all equally as capable of preparing players for the NBA. Can't really speak on anybody's facilities other than UofL's.

Who hasn't become better after being in Cal's program?

 

I don't see Gonzaga as a good fit for Wiltjer. Their style of play is fast and athletic.

 

Here is the ultimate question for Wiltjer - what is your basketball goal?

 

1. NBA? - If yes, stay at UK, redshirt, keep working and learning and you will have your best shot at an NBA career.

 

2. Most playing time in college? - Transfer.

 

I'm not saying Gonzaga is the best place for him to go. Just that I don't think red shirting at UK would be so much more beneficial than going to another school.

My point basically is that Cal recruits the best talent in the country, and I don't think his developmental skills are nearly as good as they are portrayed to be. I am of the opinion that if his past few recruiting classes had gone to other schools, they would have had similar/equal college seasons, and similar draft results. I think Wiltjer could be much better suited transferring. JMO, of course.

 

I am not sure what blinders you are looking through, but there is ZERO doubt that Harrelson and Liggins owe their NBA careers to playing for Cal.

 

Teague, I will agree with you that he didn't show a huge improvement, but he was very good before hand. The fact that he played well in the tournament, like you conceed, is proof that he got better IMO.

Harrleson

Liggins

Teague

 

There are others but those 3 stick out the most

 

Miller

Cousins got much better

Bledsoe

WCS

 

Who has been significantly better after leaving Cal's program? Honest question...

 

He got Jorts to the NBA who now has a ring. He's no longer there but got some fat paychecks and future options playing ball for a living.

 

He convinced Jorts to take bball seriously and change his body some and he would have a chance.

I thought Cal did great at developing Joey Dorsey and Chris Douglas Roberts at Memphis.

I am not sure what blinders you are looking through, but there is ZERO doubt that Harrelson and Liggins owe their NBA careers to playing for Cal.

 

Teague, I will agree with you that he didn't show a huge improvement, but he was very good before hand. The fact that he played well in the tournament, like you conceed, is proof that he got better IMO.

 

So Harrelson wouldn't have made the league if he'd played for anybody but Cal? I'm not buying that...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.