Covington Catholic- Top All-Time 3 Players

I think Dave Wilson definitely would be on that all "underrated" CovCath unit. He was as clutch as it gets, especially in his senior year playoff run. Took a good jamjob by some officials on the take at Bell County to end what looked like a state title run on his shoulders. I think a lot of people tend to forget what a player Dave was because he was right in the middle of the 87-88 titles and the 93 state title.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old thread but I can not help but comment. I played with Paul Hlandon (sp) and he was high on his own list and the media. In reality he was an awful team player who care only about himself. He did not start until his senior year after Donnie Bieger graduated. I wish Paul had Donnie's heart.

Best QB was Rick Thompson (early 70's).

If you played with him then you must have played with Wolfe. And you don't rank him in your top ten?!!

That first state team had heart personified with Mike on D and Bieger on O. Not a great qb by any means but my goodness, what a tough sob. Maybe the two finest leaders one team has ever had. Guys I know from that team talk glowingly of both.

No clue who the best 3 are as there are some strong players that have walked the halls.

However, if the OL mentioned are better than 2005 grad Mike Donoghue then they are LEGIT! Had it not been for a career-ending neck injury I have no doubt he would have had the opportunity to be in an NFL camp after he left UL.

No clue who the best 3 are as there are some strong players that have walked the halls.

However, if the OL mentioned are better than 2005 grad Mike Donoghue then they are LEGIT! Had it not been for a career-ending neck injury I have no doubt he would have had the opportunity to be in an NFL camp after he left UL.

Donny > Barry Jones > Belbot

Some names that I haven't seen mentioned:

Drew Ellison (Signed with Air Force)

Josh Blesser (Played at UofL)

Shane Popham (Wake Forest/UC)

Sam Flynn (Played one year in College)

Joseph Casteneda (Played at Dayton and UofL)

Brandon Brown (Forget where he played)

Brent Buckley (Did not play in College)

Nate Kater (Collegiate All American at Heidleburg)