Is the KY Democratic Party playing the damsel in distress card?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: Give them a call, they'll probably put you at the top of the list. Just be ready for Mitch's methods.

I ain't scared of Mitch. He'd have a field day with my colorful past. I'd own it though. I wouldn't run from anything I have done in the past. It'd be great. :D

Ashley Judd, Allison Grimes now Heather French Henry. All attractive women linked to a possible run against Mitch McConnell. McConnell's reputation as a ruthless campaigner is well known and well earned. When Judd was being mentioned as a possibility and her mental health issues were brought up McConnell was taken to task. If Grimes decides to run and McConnell brings up the promise she is breaking by running (she promised to finish at least 1 full term before seeking another office) or if French-Henry runs and her husband's "colorful" past is brought up will McConnell be taken to task for that? Sure looks to me like the Dems want to have a candidate that they can run and be able to blast Mitch for aggressive and play the victim card when McConnell attacks a woman.

Sounds a bit sexist to me.

The Republicans keep nominating men for president. Seems a bit sexist to me. :rolleyes:

Looking for controversy where there is none.

Again, what does that have to do with Mitch winning re-election? Hillary becoming President automatically means Kentucky will vote for whomever the Dems run? That's ignorance at it's finest.

It's called the coattails effect in politics.

It's called the coattails effect in politics.

First, she will never be president. Second, if by a snowball's chance she did become president, she's not going to carry KY and finally, Mitch's election is two years before the next presidential election. Got anything else?

Wow talk about taking a thread off topic. I started talking about the Dems using attractive women against Mitch and twotoplace brings Hillary to the dance. This is way off topic on two counts

1. In no universe could Hillary be described as attractive.

2. Based on the way she handled the whole Benghazi contorversy before Congress I'm not sure woman is accurate. To tell Congress WHAT DOES IT MATTER implies to me that she has bigger "stones" then every male Democrat in KY.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

2. Based on the way she handled the whole Benghazi contorversy before Congress I'm not sure woman is accurate. To tell Congress WHAT DOES IT MATTER implies to me that she has bigger "stones" then every male Democrat in KY.

So in order to be strong and defiant a woman has to, in fact, be a man?

Now who's being sexist?

*Note: I didn't enjoy typing that and I'm not enjoying typing this. I don't really find any part of this discussion all that enjoyable... but my comment that the KDP has no idea what it's doing was completely sincere.

First, she will never be president. Second, if by a snowball's chance she did become president, she's not going to carry KY and finally, Mitch's election is two years before the next presidential election. Got anything else?

Re: "Mitch's election is two years ... ": You're right. My mistake.

So in order to be strong and defiant a woman has to, in fact, be a man?

Now who's being sexist?

*Note: I didn't enjoy typing that and I'm not enjoying typing this. I don't really find any part of this discussion all that enjoyable... but my comment that the KDP has no idea what it's doing was completely sincere.

I was thinking more along the lines of arrogant and pigheaded which are traits more commonly associated with men.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

Did something below us just freeze over?

You're right, Bash. I feel like the clown in the dunking booth right now. I deserve everything you can throw at me for my confusion as to when Mitch stands for re-election. I apologize to everyone for muddling the discussion.