Gun Crime down dramatically in the US but most Americans think the opposite is true

It'd be fairly simple to test. You'd just need gun deaths by month/year and gun ownership by month/year for a couple of decades and see how well they correlate. You could get even fancier if you wanted to control for other factors, like unemployment rates or some such. Anyone have a link to where I can get those numbers?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we need to ban them for the children......if it down and ownership is at an all time high, why would this administration want to ban more?

What we need are laws that hold irresponsible gun owners responsible for deaths and injuries resulting from their irresponsibility.

Never said it was. Didn't see anyone in this thread say it was.

Correct.

I just get a kick out of watching folks try to divorce successes under this administration from this administration quicker than a Kardashian. It's fun.

I for one am glad that "gun crime" is much lower under this administration. I would tout it for all it's worth.

Never said it was. Didn't see anyone in this thread say it was.
See above.

Correct.

I just get a kick out of watching folks try to divorce successes under this administration from this administration quicker than a Kardashian. It's fun.

Not correct. You said twice now that it was a success under this administration (making it sound as though it was because of something they did), something you've yet to clarify how.

How am I divorcing success from this administration? Again, what is they did and maybe I can get on board. You're not giving us anything to go on. Claiming success for something they haven't done is as bad as blaming them for something that happened during their term that they had no control over, like blaming Obama for the Boston bombing.

Good.

If we could get it on a par with most other "civilized countries", I'd be even happier.

Like gouging out eyes if you look at the wrong person? Cutting off a hand if you steal? That is what happens in one of the "civilized countries".

Do you have a link that states there are no laws currently that do that? I'd like to look it over.

See the numerous reports of children killing/wounding themselves or others and the parents/owners of the gun are charged with no crime.

See above.

Not correct. You said twice now that it was a success under this administration (making it sound as though it was because of something they did), something you've yet to clarify how.

All he said was he's happy it's done under this administration. He didn't say that the administration was responsible for it.

See above.

How am I divorcing success from this administration? Again, what is they did and maybe I can get on board. You're not giving us anything to go on. Claiming success for something they haven't done is as bad as blaming them for something that happened during their term that they had no control over, like blaming Obama for the Boston bombing.

Incorrect.

I not only did not imply cause and effect, I didn't even say that this administration claimed success. I only said that I would tout it.

Read what I post just a little bitty bit closer and you won't have to twist in the wind quite so much. :thumb:

See the numerous reports of children killing/wounding themselves or others and the parents/owners of the gun are charged with no crime.

Is that more of a function on prosecutors choosing not to press charges rather then there being no lows that could be used?

Incorrect.

I not only did not imply cause and effect, I didn't even say that this administration claimed success. I only said that I would tout it.

Read what I post just a little bitty bit closer and you won't have to twist in the wind quite so much. :thumb:

I wasn't twisting anything. Sometimes the way we post comes across to others differently then we may have intended it to.