Do you have a problem with Adidas/Louisville selling Kevin Ware shirts?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Theoretically Adidas could make 10 million off the shirts and donate 50K to the scholarship fund and then you have a portion of the proceeds.

I understand that. My question is what's the difference between the school taking royalties compared to 'waiving' the royalties & accepting donations in lieu of the royalties?

Same thing. Drives me nuts.

A Ware jersey is entirely different from a #5 jersey and, in fact, the entire problem with this situation. Adidas is making millions, Louisville is making millions, and Kevin Ware gets nothing.

Not only is he NOT compensated, but he's responsible for any future medical bills which are a result of this injury. The NCAA is as bogus as it gets...

A Ware jersey is entirely different from a #5 jersey and, in fact, the entire problem with this situation. Adidas is making millions, Louisville is making millions, and Kevin Ware gets nothing.

Not only is he NOT compensated, but he's responsible for any future medical bills which are a result of this injury. The NCAA is as bogus as it gets...

What?

Doesn't matter, it is what it is.....NCAA problem.....I don't mind it though. Like others have said his name isn't on it so......I'm sure he doesn't care either...

Plus this is no different than UK selling shirts that had player numbers on it, or things similar. No one seemed to complain, or even question that happening..This is no different.

What?

If/when Ware has complications from this injury down the road (whether it's arthritis, getting the rods replaced, etc.) he will be responsible for paying those medical expenses, although the injury occurred while Louisville & the NCAA were making millions off of him & his peers.

Obviously, this problem is not specific to Louisville. It is an issue that starts with the NCAA. They use their student-athletes to make millions and millions of dollars while prohibiting the athlete from earning any so he can retain his 'amateur' status. Bogus.

As I said in the other thread, I don't blame UL for anything. The bigger issue I have is with the NCAA. Here's a shirt made specifically to honor Ware and he can't get in on the money. Same goes for any athlete. Personally I wish UL and Adidas would give them out, or at least sell them to offset the cost of making them, so like $5.

Doesn't matter, it is what it is.....NCAA problem.....I don't mind it though. Like others have said his name isn't on it so......I'm sure he doesn't care either...

Plus this is no different than UK selling shirts that had player numbers on it, or things similar. No one seemed to complain, or even question that happening..This is no different.

How do you truly know he doesn't care. I bet privately he cares. He's not going to publicly complain right now.

Obviously you have never listened to former NCAA players who give reasons as to why they leave early. Jalen Rose and Jay Williams spoke on it at length last night.

^ Nobody makes these athletes play...there are risks involved with every decision we make. Being an athlete at a high level is no different. He also is receiving a quality education free and clear as well.

That's a fair trade off. School makes MILLIONS, no HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS off of an athlete's blood, sweat and tears and the athlete gets a free education. Yeah, that makes all kinds of sense.:greedy::no:

Kevin Ware's team mates wanted to wear shirts on his behalf since he couldn't play with them this weekend. Beyond that, who cares?? Louisville and adidas make money off Kevin Ware (albeit more indirectly) every time he and his Louisville team mates step on the floor. If people weren't causing a ruckus about how much money is made off these players BEFORE this injury, then they don't have legs to stand on after the injury. It's no different.

I know I do some Louisville trolling from time to time to stir things up but this is not one of those.

Yes, it is. Did you start threads concerning Anthony Davis and Nerlens Noel t-shirts that were sold by UK and Nike? While they weren't injured, the principle is the same. Selling merchandise of a specific player, and that kid not getting "anything" for it...

Kevin Ware's team mates wanted to wear shirts on his behalf since he couldn't play with them this weekend. Beyond that, who cares?? Louisville and adidas make money off Kevin Ware (albeit more indirectly) every time he and his Louisville team mates step on the floor. If people weren't causing a ruckus about how much money is made off these players BEFORE this injury, then they don't have legs to stand on after the injury. It's no different.

People have been though. People have been stating for years that players should be paid. From Jay Bilas to Jay Williams. This isn't a new conversation. The players want tee shirts? Cool. Give them to the players only. Kind of like their shoes. Selling the shirts to the fans and making a profit off it is shameful IMO.

It wasn't right before, and it's not right now...