Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you have a problem with Adidas/Louisville selling Kevin Ware shirts?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 112
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally feel that Adidas / UL should have just had the warm up jerseys made for and worn by the team. U of L no doubt has insurance on their athletes that cover this along with any insurance that Ware and/or his family may have had. So from that standpoint I can confidently say that Ware was not going to have to pay a single dollar for any medical cost, he will never see one bill. With that no doubt paid for then I feel that just making the jersey for the team only would had been the best way to go. Anything else and there is somebody somewhere making some amount of money from exploiting a kids injury. Not putting them up for sell eliminates any talk or speculation on the part of everyone, it's about the $$ money and anyone that thinks its not has their head in the sand.

JMO and I couldn't care any less what they do.

As I said, the prohibition stance is problematic. First, the demand will be satisfied by someone, whether it's adidas or a guy with a paint gun on a corner. Second, if they didn't make them officially, they're likely to be made and sold with Ware's name on them, which is a much bigger problem because UofL would have to try and stop the sale... which would have gone over like a lead ballon.

As I said, the prohibition stance is problematic. First, the demand will be satisfied by someone, whether it's adidas or a guy with a paint gun on a corner.

 

Interesting.

 

Drug dealers use this exact same line of reasoning when asked why they sell drugs.

^ That's fair, so let's take it to the logical end.

 

You have to do one of three things: eliminate demand (impossible), increase regulation (which is what everyone seems to hate about the NCAA already) or legalize it. If people would stop throwing huge amounts of money at college sports, then we wouldn't have to worry about this... but that doesn't seem likely to stop anytime soon.

This is where I disagree.

 

If you think I'm doing this only because it is Louisville then I can't help you much and really don't care. I'm also the one who posted that UL is taking no royalties :thumb:

Have you ever bought a shirt that "used" a player, be it his number, how many points he scored, his eyebrows, etc?

Have you ever bought a shirt that "used" a player, be it his number, how many points he scored, his eyebrows, etc?

 

Nope, it's not the same RP. He already told me that.

Interesting.

 

Drug dealers use this exact same line of reasoning when asked why they sell drugs.

I'd respond, but then this thread would get moved to the politics forum.

Have you ever bought a shirt that "used" a player, be it his number, how many points he scored, his eyebrows, etc?

 

Don't think UK ever made one of those but I didn't cause I thought they were stupid. I bought a number 3 jersey a many years ago. The number has been assigned to multiple players so it wasn't made specifically for them. Comparing a jersey and this shirt is Apples and Oranges. This shirt is made specifically for Ware, a jersey with a number can e for a multitude of players. Not saying that right but you can't compare the two. It would be like UK selling brow t-shirts and flat top ones too, but they didn't. So yeah it's wrong. I think it's funny UL fans are defending this. It's not a UL issue it's an NCAA one. I may be wrong but if it was any other team they would be complaining.

This shirt is made specifically for Ware, a jersey with a number can e for a multitude of players. Not saying that right but you can't compare the two. It would be like UK selling brow t-shirts and flat top ones too, but they didn't. So yeah it's wrong. I think it's funny UL fans are defending this. It's not a UL issue it's an NCAA one. I may be wrong but if it was any other team they would be complaining.

 

Whoops... :lol2: Nerlensshirt.JPG

AD1.jpg

AD2.jpg

Did UK actually sell those? No, it was a third party store. No money went to UK or the NCAA so whoops...

Did UK actually sell those? No, it was a third party store. No money went to UK or the NCAA so whoops...

 

The NCAA doesn't get money for the Ware shirts?

It's an officially NCAA licensed product

It's an officially NCAA licensed product

 

Who or what is your beef with exactly?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.