West 38 East 7 (2013 NKY East/West All Star Game)

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI:

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20130312/SPT030201/303120143/East-West-Senior-All-Star-Game-set-return

A year after the Northern Kentucky Football Coaches’ Association was forced to cancel the East-West Senior All-Star Game due to lack of participation it’s set to return with a week-long series of events, in-game fan interaction, a couple of honorary coaches and more scholarship money to award.

The official announcement is set for 7 p.m. Wednesday at a news conference at Steigerwald Hall located in the Holbrook Student Center on the campus of Thomas More College. The game is set to be played Thursday, June 6 at 7:30 p.m. at Dixie Heights High School.

Well written, as always, Mr. Skinner! This event needs to be played, but I agree that the participation has lacked since the glory days of this event. I've been to many east/west games and have enjoyed almost all of them. I can't say that I'm a big fan of the lack of discipline with some of the past players. By no means do I mean many players or all players, but there have been some young men, who have nothing to lose, that act like fools. In a perfect world the kids would compete hard, with class, and enjoy this event as a token of their hard work and dedication of their careers.

Kudos to Tom Gamble for grabbing this by the horns and taking control. I agree with him, someone who runs events should take charge of these types of things. Looking forward to June already!

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to West 38 East 7 (2013 NKY East/West All Star Game)