Henderson Job?

Tall Trees

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top assistant will likely get the first shot. He had the endorsement of Clevenger and is well-liked within the school.
That seems to be buzz. Will be interesting to see. I like Josh a lot and think he would do a good job. Henderson Defense has been pretty solid the last few years. Will be interesting if he get its to see what he does with offense.

No clue.

Henderson, the best I can remember, has always kept things pretty tight lipped during the application window. Kudos to their admin for doing that. Now, those who have or will be interviewed will probably get out, like most places; but, I haven't heard much.

• 2 weeks later...

A few names were mentioned this morning on the local radio. The BIG one was Chuck Smith. Also mentioned was Steve Lovelace from Christian County, Cory Brunson who is the Offensive coordinator at Evansville Reitz which is a big time program in Indiana, Billy Martin from North Oldham and of course Josh Boston the current Defensive coordinator. A couple others were named but they are slipping my mind right now. If Coach Smith did apply.... WOW.

I love Chuck to death but has he applied for every job in the state that has been open this year. Seems his name is everywhere. I thought he was interviewing at Boone? Who knows best of luck to Henderson looks like they have some great coaches to pick from.

I love Chuck to death but has he applied for every job in the state that has been open this year. Seems his name is everywhere. I thought he was interviewing at Boone? Who knows best of luck to Henderson looks like they have some great coaches to pick from.

I think a more accurate statement might be the Chuck has been linked to every job in the state that has been open this year... He has neither applied for, interviewed for, nor even shown interest in the vast majority of them.

You would think Coach Smith would be a lock but Coach Boston has been coaching here for 6-7 years and played here under coach Tom Duffy. Being a hometown product, it wouldn't surprise me if Coach Boston was chosen over Coach Smith if he indeed apply. The AD has been saying she wants a coach by March 18th. Should be an interesting couple weeks here in Henderson.

What we talking about here, we talking about Chuck, Chuck, we really talking about Chuck, Chuck dont need to apply, job come open everybody want Chuck. lol

If Steve Lovelace or Chuck Smith applied and anyone else is hired the entire administration needs to be fired.

I agree, but Josh has put in his do's and to some people that means something. Somebody in the next few weeks, is going to have to make a tough decision.