Everything posted by Prep Junkie
-
Graves County vs Madisonville vs Henderson County Scrimmage Updates
Thanks for the updates. Wish I could have made it down. I hope Coach Boston can turn the Colonels around. Good luck to the Maroons and Eagles this season.
-
Open Job: Webster County
Former Henderson County Colonel Brandon Fisher was named head coach. He has been an assistant at Marshall County for the past few years.
-
Keith Morgan hired as new Athletic Director at Henderson County
Former Henderson County and Highlands Football coach Keith Morgan was hired as the new Athletic Director. Great hire by the administration.
-
Saban: Football "is the only sport where the high school coach still matters"
I don't think the man is dumb, actually the opposite. AAU has ruined basketball and baseball and really hasn't done much for soccer. I think this is his way of saying football needs to stay away from travel leagues and stick with what's working. If it ain't broke don't fix it. " please make 7 on 7 go away, please make 7 on 7 go away.
-
Saban: Football "is the only sport where the high school coach still matters"
I think coaches in hs sports matter but Coach Saban makes some great points.
-
Open Job: Henderson County
Press conference at 5:30 at the high school.
-
Open Job: Henderson County
Not complaining but wouldn't he leave a very talented team coming back?
-
Open Job: Henderson County
He may not come to Henderson but it's not a step down from Christian.
-
Open Job: Henderson County
If he is the best man for the job, why don't you? I haven't heard any names but I can think of other coaches that I wouldn't want to have the job.
-
Open Job: Henderson County
What makes you say that? It can be one of the better jobs in the state. I'm not saying on a level of Belfry or Highlands or Trinity but if the right Coach came in and the community got behind the program, then I think they could be a really good program.
-
Henderson County to play in Lucas Oil stadium.
I hope the community can rally around the next head coach. I had a chance to catch 2 games this season and the crowds were not good at all especially for Henderson County. Maybe something like this will help reenergize the fan base.
-
Henderson County to play in Lucas Oil stadium.
Sorry Guru. I should have explained more. The link in the first post is a link to their Twitter page. Gibson Southern finished 13-1 last season getting beat by eventual state champion Indianapolis Bishop Chatard in Semi State in a snow storm.
-
Henderson County to play in Lucas Oil stadium.
GSHS Titan Football on Twitter: "September 1th Gibson Southern High School (IN) vs. Henderson County at Lucas Oil! Hope to see a lot of Titan fans up in Indy! https://t.co/f73LMkcpk9" I've coached twice up there. Great experience for the kids and coaches.
-
Open Job: Henderson County
Heard on the radio Henderson County has 42 applicants as of today. Deadline is March 1. Can't wait to hear names.
-
Is Tony Lewis out at Henderson County?
A lot of High schools have multiple junior highs/middle schools that feed into the highs school. Thats not the problem. The problem is the youth league and getting kids interested at an early age. I know both Coach Duffy's use to go to the elementary schools and talk to the kids about playing. I coach at a school and we basically took over the youth league about 8 years ago and its the best thing we have ever done. We throw and coaching clinic for the coaches for the youth league and Junior Highs and give them play books to use as well this way the kids are some what familiar with what we do. We give them freedom to run a few of their own plays as well. We get the Junior high coaches involved on friday nights as well. If Henderson County ever did this and the other coaches stuck with the system Henderson would be very good , not that they can't be without doing it. Problem is getting a Head Coach who would want to take the time and do something like this.
-
Is Tony Lewis out at Henderson County?
Don't know if he would or would not but a phone call wouldn't hurt. Ive seen the guy Coach and talk at coaching clinics. I put him right up there with Coach Coverdale at Trinity as being the best football minded guys I have heard talk.
-
Is Tony Lewis out at Henderson County?
Kyle Ralph and Nick Hart come to my mind. Both from Indiana. Ralph is coaching in the Indy area and has done a great job of taking over a losing program and winning a state championship two years ago and losing in the finals in the last seconds last season. Nick Hart has also taken over a losing program and been to two Semi states in three years. Problem with Nick taking over is how he would feel facing his former team next season. Henderson and Gibson Southern are scheduled to play each other at Gibson Southern.
-
Open Jobs
Tony Lewis has resigned at Henderson County according to Kevin Patton of the Henderson Gleaner. He is leaving for Crystal Rivers hs in Florida.
-
Coaches: Help fans understand the game better - Answer questions posted by the fans
Coach, during our bye week we relax practice for our starters and give our younger kids more practice reps. Good idea?
-
Indiana State Finals
I was going to say the exact same thing about New Pal and Snider but I didn't want to upset people. I coached against New Pal and was very surprised Snider jumped out on them like that. Snider's receivers are great. New Pals coach is a star in the making. Only 2 loses in the years.
-
State finals stream
How does the IHSAA and GHSA provide free stream? Is it because they are sponsored by NFL teams?
-
State finals stream
Me too. I had the game enlarged and got maybe 10 seconds of video and it froze. I refreshed it and kept the scree minimized and it works fine.
-
State finals stream
The feed went out a couple of times on me but it could just be my internet. I thought mr Thompson and Coach Hood did a great job calling the game. Looking forward to the next 5.
-
State finals stream
Thanks Guru.
-
State finals stream
I was afraid of that. Unfortunately I won't be spending the $9 for one game tonight. Maybe Saturday and Sunday.