Cam Fogle Recruiting Update

Clyde

Cam went to Lexington on Friday and tweeted that it was a great day.

He says he will decide which preferred walk-on offer to take - UK or UC

How many PWO's are currently playing at UK? I know Sheehan from Ft. Thomas is there and loves it...but he ain't sniffin' the field, yet.

How many PWO's normally see the field? I really have no idea. Is it rare or does there always seem to be a couple each year that work out at that level?

I know Adam Dempsey from HHS went to UC as a PWO and played a lot as a DL this year. So I guess it can be done if you have the talent and work ethic..

There is a player from Conner that went as a walk on to UK not a PWO and he ended up seeing the field. This was less than 10 years ago and he was a DT. The funny thing was I went to a spring practice and was standing in the locker room and look over and I see him getting dressed. He told me how he came out in the fall after the start of class his freshman year and made the team. He said he didn't tell anyone about his plans to try it but he did it. So it is possible even for just a walk on.

Big difference between walk on and preferred walk on. There are programs all over the country that have players who start that were former preferred walk ons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yes there is, but remember that right up until the day practice starts they can tell the PWO no thanks. Or tell him wait until school starts along with the other walk ons. If I remember it right the latter is exactly what happened to Nick West.

Yes there is, but remember that right up until the day practice starts they can tell the PWO no thanks. Or tell him wait until school starts along with the other walk ons. If I remember it right the latter is exactly what happened to Nick West.

That will NOT be the case for Fogle, I can promise you that. Whichever school he chooses is getting one of the premiere athletes in the state of KY.

That will NOT be the case for Fogle, I can promise you that. Whichever school he chooses is getting one of the premiere athletes in the state of KY.

Two things:

1) However unlikely it is possible. He does have a great opportunity at the schools he is considering.

2) Absolutely no doubt about it!!!!!!

When you put his athletic ability with an unbelievable inner drive he will do great where ever he goes!!!