Abortion Rights vs. Gun Rights

All Tell

To answer your question, I'll guess handguns in Chicago. What do I win?

Now, the fact that I'm right or wrong is irrelevant to this thread because it has nothing to do with taxing guns/ammo.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Now, shouldn't we be focused on the the tall bar here if we want to solve something in this Country?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the govt raised costs for them yet? No. Therefore, the increased prices are market-driven. Somone along the way decided to grab some extra cash and those have been passed on.
Depends on the gun and the gun store. But really, isn't that basic supply and demand? When the demand for something rises, so too does the price. This is nothing new, unusual or evil.

Depends on the gun and the gun store. But really, isn't that basic supply and demand? When the demand for something rises, so too does the price. This is nothing new, unusual or evil.

It is indeed. I agree. I'm all for capitalism and believe in supply/demand.

Let's remember this when people are complaining about how much it costs to buy gun/ammo.

Let's remember this when people are complaining about how much it costs to buy gun/ammo.

The problem with the demand is the reason for the demand. That's driven by fear of the government. I'm telling you this administration is not trusted by gun owners or supporters of the 2nd Amendment. I remember the Clinton ban of 1994, we saw an increase in sales and an increase in demand for even revolvers, but this time it's different. In '94 we watched our sales increase for a product for revolvers by 75% in the first 2 months. This time, the demand for the same product has increased 167% in the first month and is on pace already to surpass that this month and nothing has been passed. We can't keep up, it's never been like this in the 32 years I've been with the company.

The problem with the demand is the reason for the demand. That's driven by fear of the government. I'm telling you this administration is not trusted by gun owners or supporters of the 2nd Amendment. I remember the Clinton ban of 1994, we saw an increase in sales and an increase in demand for even revolvers, but this time it's different. In '94 we watched our sales increase for a product for revolvers by 75% in the first 2 months. This time, the demand for the same product has increased 167% in the first month and is on pace already to surpass that this month and nothing has been passed. We can't keep up, it's never been like this in the 32 years I've been with the company.

Sounds like a great opportunity to make extra money for the gun stores.

Sounds like a great opportunity to make extra money for the gun stores.
For now, absolutely. I don't like panic buying though. What worries me is what happens six months to a year down the road when it all cools off. I can see jobs being lost and some places closing. It happened last time.

IMO you are overstating how hard it is going to be to buy ammo as a result of this tax. You've stated a few times that it's going to stop people from buying guns to protect their family. That's unadulterated crap. If your true intent is to protect your family a tax is not going to change your mind. If it does your intent was never real.

So you are saying a large tax on ammunition with the intent of decreasing sales would not impact lower income families from buying amunition. Someone is full of crap and its not marvel.

I've not bobbed nor weaved once. Pretty simple responses I've given.

Let me summarize.

Original questions posed in #1: Yes, I'm cool with the tax and I'm cool with the ultrasound requirement.

Does the tax fix the issue of gun violence? No. Consistently said that.

Is this a tax grab by the govt? Yes. Again, I've never said otherwise.

So where have I tried to be deceptive or sly? I've answered every question.

The problem lies in how any logical person looking for solutions could be fine with what you stated.

IMO you are overstating how hard it is going to be to buy ammo as a result of this tax. You've stated a few times that it's going to stop people from buying guns to protect their family. That's unadulterated crap. If your true intent is to protect your family a tax is not going to change your mind. If it does your intent was never real.

You still haven't answered my question.

And I agree it won't be devastating for gun owners to buy ammo. They still will if they enjoy it enough and for defense purposes. However, a tax is a tax and its using force to take money from law-abiding citizens because they decided to buy ammo.

My question is what is the point? If it solves no problem regarding gun violence, like the point of gun-control measures would be, why are they penalizing gun owners? And why are you cool with that? You have provided no justification. You can't just tax just to tax. People need to get off that mindset. Its making citizens subjects to the government, and not the government subservient to us. Even more immoral when the government who wants to do this won't even consider spending cuts before they suck the private sector dry.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Now, shouldn't we be focused on the the tall bar here if we want to solve something in this Country?

Nope Clyde as his ilk want to focus on solutions that won't solve any problems. But at least we would of done "something". If we want to curb violence and decrease murders the focus should be on urban gang violence. But no one in this country wants to talk about the elephant in the room. But when the occasional school shooting happens people all of a sudden jump up in fake anger as if they just realized there is a violence issue. You can't cure criminal intentions by more regulations on a tool they use illegally. But we could decrease the murder rate by focusing on gang violence.

Clyde you don't seem to understand the difference between market pricing and artificial pricing.