Pendleton 62 Bourbon 52

Solid basketball game.....

Bourbon had the lead most of the first 3 quarters, but I thought the offense in the second half was way too conservative, and it caused sloppy play. The decision to hold the ball at the end of the 1st half and the end of the third quarter cost Bourbon atleast two or three more valuable possessions....

Russell Allen had a decent first quarter, but he disappeared in the second half. Allen is in much better shape, but I'd like to see him seize control more.....

I thought Tyson Jones played a very good basketball game.....

Bourbon did a great job shutting down the 3 point shot of Pendleton. Unfortantely for them, they were unable to stop Belcher and especially Elliott inside.....

Pat Elliott is the best player in the 10th region, absolutely took over the game in the second half. It was a pleasure meeting and talking to his dad (I think it was his dad atleast).

Buddy Biggs was very animated in the first half, especially during one timeout when he went on one of the best tirards I have saw from a coach since Robert Ward roamed the sidelines at Bourbon during the early part of the decade.....

Kane Belcher is Division 1 material......

Bourbon Co. will be fine. I think they are rough on the edges, but the overall talent is there. They are a much better team running faced pace than playing a slow game, and that showed tonight, I dont think they are as good as GRC, but I defintely think they make the regional tournament and could steal a game from one of the "big 4."

It was a pleasure meeting up with some of my old friends from Bourbon (even though most were mad I picked Pendleton by 17 to win the game) and to meet some old friends and some new ones from Pendleton......

Kane is very talented and has the potential to be a D1 player but he needs to get a whole lot quicker and way more stronger. Congrats to the Wildcats. Elliot is the Best Player in the 10th hands down.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game all the way through! IMO The officals were horriable the tenth region needs to get better refrees before they will be a big fight.

That thinking is why you almost got killed by a barrage of pennies, nickles, and dimes from a certain student section.... :laugh: :lol:

Kane is very talented and has the potential to be a D1 player but he needs to get a whole lot quicker and way more stronger. Congrats to the Wildcats. Elliot is the Best Player in the 10th hands down.

I wouldn't overlook Tyler Mains for best player in the region.

Ask any coach that is worth their salt and they will tell you that point guard is the most important position on the floor. And Pendleton has the best in the region at the most important position on the floor.

I wouldn't overlook Tyler Mains for best player in the region.

Ask any coach that is worth their salt and they will tell you that point guard is the most important position on the floor. And Pendleton has the best in the region at the most important position on the floor.

He is definently the best PG in the region, and a top 5 player.

Mains and Elliott are easily the best 1-2 combo in the 10th Region and one of the tops in the state.

They're the best inside-outside combo in the 10th right now. In the 2OT win in the MCIT against Mason County, Mains carried the "Cats in the first half, while Elliott had his way inside for most of the game.

Look for Darius Miller and Russ Middleton of Mason County to claim the "best 1-2 combo" title in the 10th next year or the year after.

They're the best inside-outside combo in the 10th right now. In the 2OT win in the MCIT against Mason County, Mains carried the "Cats in the first half, while Elliott had his way inside for most of the game.

Look for Darius Miller and Russ Middleton of Mason County to claim the "best 1-2 combo" title in the 10th next year or the year after.

They will definitely up for it.