Everything posted by bcfan24
-
Mike Flynn new coach at Bourbon Co
This name came out of the blue. It's a solid hire, I have heard alot of good things. Bourbon has the skill set at Guard to run and gun, I think it'd be wise to take the approach must like Salsman did during his tenure. Last year's team seemed to slow down when they needed to press a bit, which was disappointing... Bourbon probably will not make the region this year with Montgomery bringing back six or seven kids and GRC being #1 or #2 in the 10th (take your pick). But I dont think coaching will get Bourbon beat in critical district games like it did at times last year....
-
Update on Bourbon Co. job
In that case, it looks like it's more than likely going to be the coach that 98 percent of the people I know do not want it too be..... Bourbon is going to have trouble getting out of district year in and year out as it is, the 40th will annually be the hardest in the region. They were outreagously outcoached in the district tournament against Montgomery, and that could be a repeat in the future in big games. In a district where you have three of the top six or seven teams in the region on a consistant basis, coaching makes a huge difference. Let's hope they make a hire that is worthy of the job, but it looks like they will not with Breedin taking the Owensboro job....
-
Update on Bourbon Co. job
The two hot names (appear to be finalist) are Juan Byars and Wayne Breedin. I dont know Byars from a hole in the ground, but Breedin would be a better hire IMO. The district is tough, and will remain tough, and Breedin would be a better choice to lead Bourbon in what should be a year in and year out struggle to get to the regional tournament.... I wish the Buddy Biggs rumors were true, but obviously they weren't. It had alot of the alumni here in Paris who were disappointed with last season's team excited for about 12 hours, but it calmed when we found out the truth on the matter.... Should be interesting to see what happens, and the way Bourbon Co. has handled the situation, I wouldn't be shocked to see another name or two enter the equation...
-
How do you think Pendleton is going to do next year?
Alot of confusion going around, like I said I wasn't sure on it personally, but the source I had is trusted. Biggs wants to coach college ball (heard that from his ex father in law), and taking the Bourbon job wouldn't make alot of since for him career wise, but I thought it was worth mentioning that his name is being thrown around in Paris.... At this point, I would think Bourbon just start trying to hire someone. I'm not the only one in the area that hopes it's not who was the "hot" name before Biggs was starting to be thrown around.... If I had a bet, I'd say Biggs is the coach of Pendleton in 06-07....
-
How do you think Pendleton is going to do next year?
From what I'm hearing from someone that has never gave me inaccurate information and is still real close to the program, it looks like Biggs did apply for the Bourbon job and is the favorite of the school board at Bourbon Co so far, but again it's nothing official, and alot could happen....
-
How do you think Pendleton is going to do next year?
May want to take my pick back if what I'm hearing out of Paris becomes a reality....
-
How do you think Pendleton is going to do next year?
They'll win the 38th....
-
Mason County
Im interested in seeing what Miller does this year. This should be a "coming out" party, I was very impressed at times last year, and not impressed at others when I watched him play, but he's young and everyone in the region know what kind of player he can be a majority of the time. When it comes down to it however, the development of Middleton will prove to be a bigger factor for the Royals than Miller IMO.... Knowles is my kind of player, quick as a rabbit with a nice shot. I'd love to see GRC-Mason in a regional matchup again... I wouldn't count out teams like Brossart or Montgomery either. I think Montgomery could be the sneaky #2 team in the 40th that comes out of nowhere, Rison's teams are always well prepared....
-
Mason County
Two words: Preston Knowles...
-
Mason County
GRC looks like they will open as my preseason #1, Mason will be a close #2....
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
I'd take it for 4 grand. It'd would also be worth my time to see the face of some of the parents I routinely "scumicide" on a normal basis when they found out who would be coaching the team.... :lol:
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
Yep, pretty sure he as the JV coach last season.... Who knows what's going to happen, but if they do not hire someone with some coaching experience, it'll be disappointing. I really dont think this should be considered as an "entry" level position this time around....
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
I heard the players were so disappointed with last season that they do not want who is being mentioned, can't say I necessarily blame them either...
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
Who in god's name is Russell Brown? I thought I heard that name at a disco once, maybe he was a DJ or something.... or maybe he was the inventor of the toaster oven.... I said all along that Russell was probably a little overrated as a D-1 prospect (too much has been expected of him all along), but he's a big body who can develop and possibly contribute in the future....
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
Those are the 4, a couple others went on to play D-II in South Carolina (Hawkins and Williams), and several more went to Transy (Swords, Hilander)... I'd love to hear Ron got the athletic scholarship, he deserves it. I like keeping up with the guys. I wish all the ones still playing college ball the best of luck, I enjoy hearing up on them, and all of them are good kids...
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
If you only knew how much 3/4 of the parents up there dispise me for telling it like it is... :lol: :sssh: It's a very very good job, I think a guy with head coaching experience is a must in this instance. I'd say it's a top 5 position in the region, the talent turnover is usually very good as well. For a public school to have 3-4 D-1 prospects in a deacde, it's a solid position year in and year out....
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
I'm not sure the job would be worth the trouble of putting up with some of the parents who are uninformed and complete idiots, however if it paid well, I'd take it... :laugh: I agree, I dont see him leaving Catholic.... I had someone bring up the name of Robert Hammonds from Bracken (former assistant under my all time favorite Robert Ward), and I tend to think it would be a decent hire.
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
Considerably young. They'll need good play out of their guards (Matt Wigglesworth and Jeff Dailey) to crank a top 7 or 8 spot in my regional poll. I would think 11-13 wins (if they have a similar schedule to this season) would be a successful season, but I dont see a way they get out of district....
-
Bourbon Basketball Job
Hopefully who I am not hearing it will be.... I'd love to see Biggs (fat chance, but you never know, he was contacted about the job last year), or Tilghman (former assistant at Bourbon, know assistant at Lex Cath under Salsman) get the job....
-
Question about coaching interviews
I was wondering if a school had to meet a certain requirement for interviews. Does each school have to interview a certain # of candidates for it's head coaching position, or can it instead just hire someone without this process. I know in college/pro, you have to interview a certain # of people (atleast one minority as well). There is an interesting case of this possibly happening in my area, and I was wondering if it is commonplace.
-
What's the deal with MMI?
I think I'd be the best DJ in the world, I'd spin all sorts of Christian records, then get thrown off the air in 10 minutes.... I didn't take your CD, but I heard Russ Day likes Glootin Gleebin Gloatin Globbin...
-
Henry Clay coaching search
I've been saying it since last June when he was hired, nothing against the guy, but I didn't see him staying past this year.... It's not final yet (I haven't heard anything else), but if it is true I'm the person the least surprised... Buddy Biggs has shown interest in leaving Pendleton (was/is interested in Mercer Co. job (allegedly),). I think if he's coaching Bourbon, all the idiots in Paris who do not like him (their are a ton of kids who cannot stand what Pendleton has done the last two years in the Bourbon Co. area out of pure jealousy), there attitudes will change in a hurry....
-
Henry Clay coaching search
Chow Mr. Brown, too bad I didn't say one word to you all year! :lol: No surprise, Bourbon needs a slam dunk hire, I'd love to see Buddy Biggs coaching Bourbon Co. next season.....
-
What's the deal with MMI?
Here is to MMI staying open, I'd love to call some of their games on the radio this year.... Did you seriously lose a Def Leppard CD in the basement? I was making that jazz up, I guess Russ Day was Bending it Like Beckham all the way to the cash machine saying LOVE ME LIKE A BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB! DODODODODOODDOODO. He must like extra sugar on his cheerios.... I'm too busy saying GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS DODODODODODO!"
-
What's the deal with MMI?
Does this mean they are going to start signing LOVE LIKE A BOMB BOMB BOMB! OVER AND OVER! and then say ROCK OF AGES! odododod? Is Russ Day going to play the part of the one armed drummer? How many trophies do you all have? Having seen the place in teh last couple of months, it's an impressive collection. I'm sure there probably is an old Def Leppard CD in the basement as well?