Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's the deal with MMI?

Featured Replies

Some people tell me they are becoming a prep school, and others say they are closing. I cannot seem to get a straight answer out of anyone in Paris (surprise surprise) and I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything new?

I heard they were changing their name a while back but who knows. Glad to see you back, you must have been busy with college.

Curious--What is the difference between a "prep school" and a regular high school?? Would a KY prep school be bound by the KHSAA rules??

Good point BG, I thought they were a prep school since they weren't in the KHSAA.

From what I've read, MMI will be renamed Forest Hill Prep. It's my understanding that school officials feel the word "military" in the name of the school discouraged potential students from attending.

Forest Hill Prep does sound less "military."

 

It sounds almost country clubbish now, like they'll be playing a lot of tennis and golf.

Forest Hill Prep does sound less "military."

 

It sounds almost country clubbish now, like they'll be playing a lot of tennis and golf.

 

Maybe the KHSAA will sanction polo; using mares so as to not run afoul of Title IX.

Maybe the KHSAA will sanction polo; using mares so as to not run afoul of Title IX.

Maybe they could use mules in the polo matches. The mule is a symbol of the army, so it would have the military cnnection, and mule polo may catch on as the next big thing.:D

From what I've read, MMI will be renamed Forest Hill Prep. It's my understanding that school officials feel the word "military" in the name of the school discouraged potential students from attending.

:thumb:

From what I've read, MMI will be renamed Forest Hill Prep. It's my understanding that school officials feel the word "military" in the name of the school discouraged potential students from attending.

 

Seems to work for Hargrave. Hate to see the change since my father attended MMI.

Hey Freak - long time no see!

 

MMI graduated 11 seniors on Saturday and even then we, the staff, were (and still are) not sure what on earth is going on.

 

On May 12 we were told that the school would be closing. The following Monday I was told not to cancel any sports schedules at all. However, all the teachers and most of the staff have claimed unemployment benefit and are now job searching. Still, there is a little pocket of about 5-6 staff members that are confident that the school will be purchased and all will be well.

 

I do not know the real answer to Freak's question. Officially, we are closing, we have not been told anything different (officially, that is). Rumours are rife though!

 

DAVE

If the school closes, will the students be free to go to any school they want or will they have limitations on their choices?

I'm guessing they would be supposed to go to the school in the district where they live, but I'm not certain. It doesn't sound like it would affect very many students though.

I recently got back from the school and the remaining staff and some board members are busy photographing and logging items ready for a major auction in a week or two.

 

Neerfan, if your father is interested in picking up a memento or two of his time there, this is the way to do it.

 

I really hope that we can find a way to get the 1927 State Basketball and the 1966 State Track trophies donated to our local museum rather than they land on some rich guy's mantelpiece and away from the public eye.

 

The Basketball trophy is beautiful.

 

DAVE

So, it's absolutely, positively closing and isn't coming back as some other name? It seems like that school has been closing for 20 years.

 

Was MMI in the latest basketball alignment? Did they compete last year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.