Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Flynn new coach at Bourbon Co

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to coach Flynn! I heard that he was also the principal of the high school.

 

 

 

Now it will be interesting to see who becomes the next head coach at Ashland.

  • Author
Congratulations to coach Flynn! I heard that he was also the principal of the high school.

 

 

 

Now it will be interesting to see who becomes the next head coach at Ashland.

You cannot be the head principal and head coach. You can be an assistant principal, and head coach.

Congratulations to coach Flynn! I heard that he was also the principal of the high school.

 

 

 

Now it will be interesting to see who becomes the next head coach at Ashland.

 

Bourbon Co. has a new principal, but it's not Coach Flynn.

  • Author
Bourbon Co. has a new principal, but it's not Coach Flynn.

It is Mr. Huber.

Well this just goes to show you that you can’t believe everything that you hear. :D

 

Thanks for the information.

 

Graybeard

It's suprising really. Didn't even know that he was up for it. Flynn is a great coach and a great guy as well. He will do well at Bourbon County. Congrats to Mike.

 

Will anbody agree with me when I say that the the 10th Region now has the best top to bottom coaches in the state?

This name came out of the blue. It's a solid hire, I have heard alot of good things. Bourbon has the skill set at Guard to run and gun, I think it'd be wise to take the approach must like Salsman did during his tenure. Last year's team seemed to slow down when they needed to press a bit, which was disappointing...

 

Bourbon probably will not make the region this year with Montgomery bringing back six or seven kids and GRC being #1 or #2 in the 10th (take your pick). But I dont think coaching will get Bourbon beat in critical district games like it did at times last year....

If Flynn wouldn't run with quick athletes like Matt Thomas, Drew McDavid, and the rest, I can't imagine him changing his style at Bourbon.

If Flynn wouldn't run with quick athletes like Matt Thomas, Drew McDavid, and the rest, I can't imagine him changing his style at Bourbon.

Need more than two players to have a good team.

I am sure anew and better coach will make the Tomcats state contenders.:laugh: :lol: ;):rolleyes:

This name came out of the blue

 

You think so? Whoever was feeding you your info needs to do a better job unless you were just pulling names out of the air. Where does Byars coach by the way??

 

 

The two hot names (appear to be finalist) are Juan Byars and Wayne Breedin. I dont know Byars from a hole in the ground, but Breedin would be a better hire IMO. The district is tough, and will remain tough, and Breedin would be a better choice to lead Bourbon in what should be a year in and year out struggle to get to the regional tournament....

 

I wish the Buddy Biggs rumors were true, but obviously they weren't. It had alot of the alumni here in Paris who were disappointed with last season's team excited for about 12 hours, but it calmed when we found out the truth on the matter....

 

I'm glad the rumor thread was shut down when it was.

Bourbon Co. has a new principal, but it's not Coach Flynn.

 

 

Flynn is the new assistant principal.

This name came out of the blue. It's a solid hire, I have heard alot of good things. Bourbon has the skill set at Guard to run and gun, I think it'd be wise to take the approach must like Salsman did during his tenure. Last year's team seemed to slow down when they needed to press a bit, which was disappointing...

 

Bourbon probably will not make the region this year with Montgomery bringing back six or seven kids and GRC being #1 or #2 in the 10th (take your pick). But I dont think coaching will get Bourbon beat in critical district games like it did at times last year....

 

 

If you're wanting a run-n-gun style offense for your great athletes, you've hired the wrong coach. I don't know if he knows what the words mean. He consistently had great athletes @ Ashland but he never did open them up to get them up and down the floor. He's definately a half court kind of guy. He is a good coach though.

You have to consistently make shots to run and gun. Did they ever do that the past two years?

If you're wanting a run-n-gun style offense for your great athletes, you've hired the wrong coach. I don't know if he knows what the words mean. He consistently had great athletes @ Ashland but he never did open them up to get them up and down the floor. He's definately a half court kind of guy. He is a good coach though.

 

When Ashland hired Flynn he was considered an uptempo coach. Check out his Holmes teams. He did what was necessary for him to win at Ashland. Regradless of what most think the Tomcats were not overly athletic during his tenure. If he had tried to run with Rose Hill during the OJ days Ashland would have one less regional title.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.