Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

“The Steelers could lose every one of their free agents...

Featured Replies

and they might have to lose a few more veterans if they don’t agree to take less money in 2013,”

 

Prime candidates to be cut include linebacker James Harrison, who has a base salary of $6.57 million in 2013. And while safety Troy Polamalu most likely won’t be released, his $7.5 million base salary puts him in line for, at a minimum, a new contract that pushes some of that money into future years.

 

The situation makes it crystal clear that receiver Mike Wallace will go elsewhere in March. As Bouchette points out, G.M. Kevin Colbert already has said the team won’t use the franchise tag on anyone, and that’s the only way they would have kept Wallace, who is destined to be overpaid on the first day of free agency by someone like the Dolphins.

 

Steelers could be facing another purge of veterans | ProFootballTalk

  • Author

More good news for the Bengals here and again I would consider trying to sign Wallace if I were the Bengals.

 

Agree? Disagree?

More good news for the Bengals here and again I would consider trying to sign Wallace if I were the Bengals.

 

Agree? Disagree?

 

The Bengals have a lot of cap room, so yes I would consider signing Wallace if I were them.

 

I'd also consider locking up key guys to new contracts if any are close to becoming free agents.

If they could get Wallace and have A J green on the other side....... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love for the Bengals to go after Mike Wallace. they need a speed guy opposite AJ....but then the problem is we don't have a QB who can get it downfield to any of them on a regular basis

  • Author

Where are you at Spindoc?

I'd love for the Bengals to pursue James Harrison and Mike Wallace, should they be released by Pitt.

I'd love for the Bengals to go after Mike Wallace. they need a speed guy opposite AJ....but then the problem is we don't have a QB who can get it downfield to any of them on a regular basis

 

True, we very rarely throw it deep to Green :lol:

Ex Steelers as of next year. Max Starks, Mike Wallace, Rashard Mendenhall, Big Snack, Willie Colon (I pray) and James Harrison (unless he takes a major cut, and he's out there, so who knows).

 

Wallace won't be tagged either. Too close to cap to allow it anyway. I will play futurecoach here and tell you that I said, Steelers 8-8 and a purge at the end of the season way back yonder.

I'd love for the Bengals to pursue James Harrison and Mike Wallace, should they be released by Pitt.

 

Dalton can't throw it far enough for Wallace.

 

Here's my issue with Wallace, he never fights for balls,,,,ever.

Both would be good fits. I think the last few years have proven that a really good receiving core can go a long way. Wallace and Green would instantly make Cincys passing attack among the best in the league.

I'd prefer the Bengals go after a more consistent guy and better route runner as their 2nd WR. Especially given what Wallace will cost. I'd pass.

I'd love for the Bengals to go after Mike Wallace. they need a speed guy opposite AJ....but then the problem is we don't have a QB who can get it downfield to any of them on a regular basis

 

Dalton can't throw it far enough for Wallace.

 

Here's my issue with Wallace, he never fights for balls,,,,ever.

 

I actually have to agree with you all on this. If Dalton can't become more consistent on his accuracy with the long throws, then having Wallace might not help to much. Dalton would have to become more consistent in that area for it to work.

 

The one thing it would do if they had Wallace would probably open things up in the middle of the field for Gresham and Sanu or Hawkins in the middle of the field for the intermediate throws Dalton is good at. However Dalton would have to show he can be consistent with the deep ball to make teams have to keep both safeties deep like they would if they had Wallace.

 

How old is Greg Jennings? If he is not to old I wouldn't mind someone like him, a very good experienced WR for Dalton wouldn't be a bad thing.

Here's the thing about Wallace. It's my belief that he's the fastest guy in the league. I've never seen a corner who could run with him. Not one. And he no doubt opens the field for other guys. The benefit for the Bengals is that you'd have to have help on both he and Green. He's not remotely in Greens league as a WR. But he would outrun green by 10 yards in a 100yd dash. That's the thing, speed is his only skill. He doesn't block, he takes plays off, he never battles for balls. And he thinks he's a No.1 receiver. My bet,,, if he ends up a Bengal, he'll be a malcontent when he's not the man. And he won't be with Green there. Just my opinion.

True, we very rarely throw it deep to Green :lol:

 

I never said we don't throw deep, we do throw deep...a ton, the problem is his accuracy is so bad that a very low percentage of those are actually on target if not being thrown into double or triple coverage and becomes a jump ball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.