“The Steelers could lose every one of their free agents...

and they might have to lose a few more veterans if they don’t agree to take less money in 2013,”

Prime candidates to be cut include linebacker James Harrison, who has a base salary of $6.57 million in 2013. And while safety Troy Polamalu most likely won’t be released, his $7.5 million base salary puts him in line for, at a minimum, a new contract that pushes some of that money into future years.

The situation makes it crystal clear that receiver Mike Wallace will go elsewhere in March. As Bouchette points out, G.M. Kevin Colbert already has said the team won’t use the franchise tag on anyone, and that’s the only way they would have kept Wallace, who is destined to be overpaid on the first day of free agency by someone like the Dolphins.

Steelers could be facing another purge of veterans | ProFootballTalk

More good news for the Bengals here and again I would consider trying to sign Wallace if I were the Bengals.

Agree? Disagree?

The Bengals have a lot of cap room, so yes I would consider signing Wallace if I were them.

I'd also consider locking up key guys to new contracts if any are close to becoming free agents.

Ex Steelers as of next year. Max Starks, Mike Wallace, Rashard Mendenhall, Big Snack, Willie Colon (I pray) and James Harrison (unless he takes a major cut, and he's out there, so who knows).

Wallace won't be tagged either. Too close to cap to allow it anyway. I will play futurecoach here and tell you that I said, Steelers 8-8 and a purge at the end of the season way back yonder.

I'd love for the Bengals to go after Mike Wallace. they need a speed guy opposite AJ....but then the problem is we don't have a QB who can get it downfield to any of them on a regular basis

Dalton can't throw it far enough for Wallace.

Here's my issue with Wallace, he never fights for balls,,,,ever.

I actually have to agree with you all on this. If Dalton can't become more consistent on his accuracy with the long throws, then having Wallace might not help to much. Dalton would have to become more consistent in that area for it to work.

The one thing it would do if they had Wallace would probably open things up in the middle of the field for Gresham and Sanu or Hawkins in the middle of the field for the intermediate throws Dalton is good at. However Dalton would have to show he can be consistent with the deep ball to make teams have to keep both safeties deep like they would if they had Wallace.

How old is Greg Jennings? If he is not to old I wouldn't mind someone like him, a very good experienced WR for Dalton wouldn't be a bad thing.

Here's the thing about Wallace. It's my belief that he's the fastest guy in the league. I've never seen a corner who could run with him. Not one. And he no doubt opens the field for other guys. The benefit for the Bengals is that you'd have to have help on both he and Green. He's not remotely in Greens league as a WR. But he would outrun green by 10 yards in a 100yd dash. That's the thing, speed is his only skill. He doesn't block, he takes plays off, he never battles for balls. And he thinks he's a No.1 receiver. My bet,,, if he ends up a Bengal, he'll be a malcontent when he's not the man. And he won't be with Green there. Just my opinion.

True, we very rarely throw it deep to Green :lol:

I never said we don't throw deep, we do throw deep...a ton, the problem is his accuracy is so bad that a very low percentage of those are actually on target if not being thrown into double or triple coverage and becomes a jump ball.