Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Ten Mr. Basketball candidates?

Featured Replies

  • Author
My Top Ten

1. Buckner- Eastern

2. Dunaway- Henry Clay

3. Allen- So. Laurel

4. Mack-UHA

5. Owens-Boyd Co.

6. Slaughter- Shelby Co.

7. J. Jones- Trigg Co.

8. Moore- Manual

9. Wilkerson-Lafayette

10. Knowles-Clark Co.

Good list!

  • Replies 40
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever happened to the kid from John Hardin that was supposed to have a big year...

The only sure-fire D-1 player I can think of is a freshman right now.Arron Watts of McCreary Central is unreal how talented he is and how mature he is for his age.If you have a chance to see this kid play please do so.If he continues to improve and keeps his head on straight he will be a sure -fire D-1 player.But as far as Mr.Basketball I would say Walt Allen,the Mack kid from Bryan Station and the kid from Eastern(Louisville).Major brain fart right now and cant thank of his name.sorry

You need to do your homework!!

My Top Ten

1. Buckner- Eastern

2. Dunaway- Henry Clay

3. Allen- So. Laurel

4. Mack-UHA

5. Owens-Boyd Co.

6. Slaughter- Shelby Co.

7. J. Jones- Trigg Co.

8. Moore- Manual

9. Wilkerson-Lafayette

10. Knowles-Clark Co.

 

I love that list....but I don't know if Buckner will get it. He didn't shine his junior year and people aer just now starting to hear about him. I hope and think he deserves it but Walt Allen will get it after his stellar State Tournament showing and his success of his junior and senior year.

Isn't Wilkerson a Junior. That would not make him eligible. Not to mention I don't think he's good enough yet to be even mentioned.

My point is that this might the least amount of basketball talent in Kentucky for quite some time. The year 1976 comes to mind when Kentucky's Mr. Basketball (Dom Fucci)was not a college prospect.

 

I believe 1976 was Darrell Griffith as Mr. Basketball. Good point though, Ky. needs a Mr. Basketball that has the talent and character traits to represent his state well. All the way back in 1975 and Dom Fucci is still remembered as Mr. Basketball.

What ever happened to the kid from John Hardin that was supposed to have a big year...

 

Maze Stallworth, and he's still having that good year. We just don't have many folks from the E-town area on here, for whatever reason, so we don't hear as much about those schools.

I am sure if you asked Aaron, he would be honest to say he is not having the year he hoped to have. I think he is beginning to shoot the ball better, but Henry Clay's chemistry is not a balanced equation just yet.

 

They haven't figured out how to replace Bryan Turnage. He's the one that made their engine run.

Maze Stallworth, and he's still having that good year. We just don't have many folks from the E-town area on here, for whatever reason, so we don't hear as much about those schools.

He should be in the top 3.

Dom Fucci was definitely a D-1 prospect and to say otherwise is false, he just happened to choose Auburn for their baseball program, where he went on set several records and eventually made it to the White Sox Double-A farm club where a knee injury stalled his career.

My Top Ten

1. Buckner- Eastern

2. Dunaway- Henry Clay

3. Allen- So. Laurel

4. Mack-UHA

5. Owens-Boyd Co.

6. Slaughter- Shelby Co.

7. J. Jones- Trigg Co.

8. Moore- Manual

9. Wilkerson-Lafayette

10. Knowles-Clark Co.

 

I really agreed with you till you put Trah Moore of Manual in there that is a joke and he might not even be top ten in the 7th region but is not a top ten player in the state for sure I would take him out and put in terrence britt of fern creek in his place. I love Robert Buckner and believe he is the best in a very down year.

Maze Stallworth, and he's still having that good year. We just don't have many folks from the E-town area on here, for whatever reason, so we don't hear as much about those schools.

 

His team is 15-1

Joshua Mack from University Heights Academy is a tough player. Lasy year as a junior he pretty much single handedly beat Somerset in the finals of the All "A" Classic in Richmond. I would say that he has to be one of the top 3 or 4 candidates for Mr. Basketball this year.

Is this a down year in Kentucky? Are there any legitimate, "can't miss" D-I prospects playing in the state of Kentucky this year?

Josh Mack is a legitimate D-1 prospect albeit a small or mid major he has signed with Coastal Carolina. I'm sure there were more D-1 offers from other small schools also. I think if his team does well in the "All A" and makes the sweet 16 in March he'll win the award. The peopleschamp also listed a good list of players that will all be considered in my opinion.

I haven't had the chance to see Britt play this year, I'm sure he is a fine player, and the same goes with Stallworth, I just didn't feel comfortable listing players I haven't seen yet.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.