Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Ten Mr. Basketball candidates?

Featured Replies

I have seen a lot of high school basketball this year, but would like other opinions on the top players for Mr. Basketball in Kentucky.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Mains and Pat Elliot are tough.

  • Author

Is this a down year in Kentucky? Are there any legitimate, "can't miss" D-I prospects playing in the state of Kentucky this year?

If you have an opportunity to watch Antonio Owens for Boyd County, he's almost worth the price of admission. If you can get past his character issues and the way he acts, when he's playing he's a lot of fun to watch.

Is this a down year in Kentucky? Are there any legitimate, "can't miss" D-I prospects playing in the state of Kentucky this year?

 

I dont think this really matters when it comes to the Mr. Basketball award.

Aaron Dunaway & Walt Allen are two names that come to my mind, immediately.

 

It's a shame that Albert Jackson is no longer playing in KY...

Dunaway...

The only sure-fire D-1 player I can think of is a freshman right now.Arron Watts of McCreary Central is unreal how talented he is and how mature he is for his age.If you have a chance to see this kid play please do so.If he continues to improve and keeps his head on straight he will be a sure -fire D-1 player.But as far as Mr.Basketball I would say Walt Allen,the Mack kid from Bryan Station and the kid from Eastern(Louisville).Major brain fart right now and cant thank of his name.sorry

  • Author

Shelvin Mack of Bryan Station will not be Mr. Basketball this year. He is a sophomore albeit a good one.

  • Author

My point is that this might the least amount of basketball talent in Kentucky for quite some time. The year 1976 comes to mind when Kentucky's Mr. Basketball (Dom Fucci)was not a college prospect.

Aaron Dunaway & Walt Allen are two names that come to my mind, immediately.

 

It's a shame that Albert Jackson is no longer playing in KY...

 

He's not doing much playing for Oak Hill either.

Dunaway...

What does his numbers look like for the year? I watched him play against bryan station and he didn't look good

  • Author
What does his numbers look like for the year? I watched him play against bryan station and he didn't look good

I am sure if you asked Aaron, he would be honest to say he is not having the year he hoped to have. I think he is beginning to shoot the ball better, but Henry Clay's chemistry is not a balanced equation just yet.

My Top Ten

1. Buckner- Eastern

2. Dunaway- Henry Clay

3. Allen- So. Laurel

4. Mack-UHA

5. Owens-Boyd Co.

6. Slaughter- Shelby Co.

7. J. Jones- Trigg Co.

8. Moore- Manual

9. Wilkerson-Lafayette

10. Knowles-Clark Co.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.