Top Ten Mr. Basketball candidates?

Josh Mack is a legitimate D-1 prospect albeit a small or mid major he has signed with Coastal Carolina. I'm sure there were more D-1 offers from other small schools also. I think if his team does well in the "All A" and makes the sweet 16 in March he'll win the award. The peopleschamp also listed a good list of players that will all be considered in my opinion.

I think he and Sexton from Wayne Co. will do well together. Their games complement each other's well.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw out the Lexington and Louisville kids, they'll never get the votes statewide. That Leaves Slaughter and Mack as the top 2 I've seen. Mack won't get it because he plays at UHA and everybody hates UHA. That leaves Slaughter as Mr. Basketball.

Josh Mack is a legitimate D-1 prospect albeit a small or mid major he has signed with Coastal Carolina. I'm sure there were more D-1 offers from other small schools also. I think if his team does well in the "All A" and makes the sweet 16 in March he'll win the award. The peopleschamp also listed a good list of players that will all be considered in my opinion.

I believe that Mack is the best player, but playing at Univ. Heights will hurt him in the Mr. Basketball race. UHA has had some real talent go through their program that never really received the statewide attention that their abilities should merit.

IMO!!!:thumb:

1. Walt Allen - South Laurel

2. A.J. Slaughter - Shelby Co.

3. Joshua Mack - UHA

4. Aaron Dunaway - Henry Clay

5. Maze Stallworth - John Hardin

6. Vincent Crutcher - PRP

7. Matt Walls - Scott Co.

8. Ty Proffitt - South Laurel

9. Jay Ivey - Owensboro Cath.

10. Patrick Elliott - Pendelton Co.

3. Joshua Mack - UHA

Ty is not a candidate this year as he is only a junior.

What ever happened to the kid from John Hardin that was supposed to have a big year...

Maze Stallworth John Hardin's do everything player, is having and outstanding season. True, going mostly unnotice by everyone in the state. Ball handling skills need to improve, but everything else is well above ave. real deal at 6'3''

3. Joshua Mack - UHA

Walls and Profitt are juniors and not in the running for Mr. Basketball in 2006.