Urban Meyer Visiting Highlands Today

75center

I see your point, but if Ohio State is the first on the "list" it sure looks promising. :cool:

Again, let's slow the roll here. OSU recruits at an extremely high level. Let's just get one offer first and be thrilled with that.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, everybody push the keyboard away! Lets all just take a deep breath. I mean hey, it's not everyday a high profile coach comes for a visit . Wow! Again, it's great for Seth and his family and the school. I'm pretty sure they won't be embarrassed if no offers come through. I for one can't remember someone of that caliber coming to visit me when I was a junior. I bet not too many on here have either. Can't all us armchairs just get along and be happy and post away. Hahahahaha! That's all I can do anymore when I get on here and read some of this stuff. Just sayin!

Just because a coach comes to a school does not mean that kid has an offer. And like Clyde said, by rule coaches aren't aloud to talk to juniors face to face. I'd say 99% of all the kids that are going to have offers from all of the SEC and other big time programs, have already had offers extended to them by this point.

Just because a coach comes to a school does not mean that kid has an offer. And like Clyde said, by rule coaches aren't aloud to talk to juniors face to face. I'd say 99% of all the kids that are going to have offers from all of the SEC and other big time programs, have already had offers extended to them by this point.

One difference here is that Seth is a junior and just had a breakout season.

As RCC9 said he is only a junior. Only 16 juniors in the Cincy area have offers.

16 area football players in 2014 class have received scholarship offers since last summer | The Recruiting Trail

I agree that this was not only a visit to check out Seth but also a visit to Highlands to meet Dale.

I think Dale may have been as excited as Seth was to meet him, to talk to someone of Urban's caliber doesn't happen very often to HS coaches if ever.

For a H.S. coach to get asked "how do you do it" and "how do you stay motivated after so many yrs", that has to be very rewarding for a little ole H.S. coach from KY.

Again, twist it, turn it and burn it however one would like to, Highlands is use to taking shots from all kinds and I for one know that neither Dale or Urban really care what we all think...

Oh and FWIW, the motivation speech from Urban to Dale might just have added another 20 yrs to Dale coaching at Highlands...:D

For a H.S. coach to get asked "how do you do it" and "how do you stay motivated after so many yrs", that has to be very rewarding for a little ole H.S. coach from KY.

We're starting to see more of this ie big-time coaches seeking input from lower-level coaches. They're always looking to gain an edge. There's a D2 coach in Colorado that developed an offense years ago that is basically what WVU runs. Many coaches watch film with that coach to learn. No surprise that the dominant head coach in KY is sought out.

I agree that this was not only a visit to check out Seth but also a visit to Highlands to meet Dale.

I think Dale may have been as excited as Seth was to meet him, to talk to someone of Urban's caliber doesn't happen very often to HS coaches if ever.

Again, twist it, turn it and burn it however one would like to, Highlands is use to taking shots from all kinds and I for one know that neither Dale or Urban really care what we all think...

Oh and FWIW, the motivation speech from Urban to Dale might just have added another 20 yrs to Dale coaching at Highlands...:D

Good news for my son and the Highlands program. Bad news for the "Team from Park Hills":ylsuper:

As RCC9 said he is only a junior. Only 16 juniors in the Cincy area have offers.

16 area football players in 2014 class have received scholarship offers since last summer | The Recruiting Trail

Exactly my point. I bet you 99% of all the juniors right now that will have "most" of the SEC offer them a scholarship along with other big schools have offers right now.